Honored Contributor

I don't buy a lot at BBB but do use the coupons when I have them.

Their prices are higher without them and they don't run sales, they have wonderful selections of products but are not that competitive on price compared with other companies

So get rid of the coupons and run weekly sales

I predict if they institute this program shoppers will not like it and it will be rolled back.

Remember JCP's no coupon thing

ooh story is coming up now on the news....(test market apparently)

Honored Contributor

I used to buy bigger ticket items a lot with the 20% off coupons. Then I didn't need to keep buying, I had what I needed. About that time the coupons got scarcer.

I no longer shop there enough to justify paying a fee, and if zero 20% off coupons were forthcoming I would pretty much stop shopping there; they carry very few things I couldn't buy elsewhere. You'd think they'd be smart enough to know that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I think BBB has declined in recent years.   We very seldom go in there now - especially since they started selling cosmetics.  Oy.

As far as Amazon Prime - you can be added to another person's account.  DS has 4 other family members on his.  You just have to be careful to change the shipping/billing info when you purchase because it will default to the original person.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The BBB closest to me closed last year.  The only thing I bought from them on a regular basis were the filters for 2 of my humidifiers.   I bought when I had a $5.00 off coupon.  I'll look for them elsewhere although I'm pretty sure we did and BBB was the cheapest place. 

Honored Contributor

I received a 20% off coupon yesterday.  This morning I used 3 (expired) 20% off and  a $5 off coupon, all on the same purchase.

I have not received nor read any information about a club with fee.

Honored Contributor

BBB is NOT discontinuing their 20% coupons.  Currently, you have to use ONE coupon for each item you purchase.

If you join their special club for $29/yr, you will receive a special 20% coupon that you can use for your entire order.  So in other words, you purchase 3 items you will need only one 20% coupon instead of 3 to get the discount for all 3 items.

Memberships are limited.

BBB stores ARE NOT doing away w/the current 20% coupons.

As a frequient BBB shopper, I will not be joining their club.  I have so many of their coupons including the $5 ones, I can stand on the corner, sell them all & w/the $$$ build my dream house in Tahiti. Smiley Tongue

Ya didn't hear it from me......

Spoiler
Walk in to your local BBB.  Go to the CS desk & ask for a 20% entire purchase coupon.  I've been doing this for years.  Mostly around xmas holidays.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

I don't buy a lot at BBB but do use the coupons when I have them.

Their prices are higher without them and they don't run sales, they have wonderful selections of products but are not that competitive on price compared with other companies

So get rid of the coupons and run weekly sales

I predict if they institute this program shoppers will not like it and it will be rolled back.

Remember JCP's no coupon thing

ooh story is coming up now on the news....(test market apparently)

Same here...I think their prices are higher then other outlets that I can get comparative items.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear.  I like them just the way they are. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Not worth it for me since I have never bought anything from BB&B. We don't have one in our area. It's a 3 hr round trip drive for us.

Honored Contributor

No I won't be joining this club either.  I just don't shop there often enough to make this worht my while.

I will say however I love their draperies.  They are my go-to for really nice ones.  If I want sheers as well, amazon is my go-to.  There are a couple of vendors there who sell wonderful sheers in 20-30 outstanding colors that I just don't see or find anywhere else.

Back to BB&B, they do have lovely think towels and colors that rivals what I see at target.  Nice bedding too but it's very expensive - as are the towels for that matter.  BUt for towels, if I'm looking for a special color, I will go to BB&B.  Nice cloth napkins too.  I've stopped buying paper napkins years ago - so much easier to use cloth/linen ones and toss in the washer.