Respected Contributor

@SunSprite ....  those commercials break my heart.  I think that the head of the ASPCA makes millions.  I have to look it up to be sure, but I won't give them a penny it that's the case.   But, I want to help all those pathetic, hurting furbabies.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: I gotta vent!!!

[ Edited ]

@Junebug54 wrote:

For goodness sake let her vent...   We know we can change the channel etc. but sometimes things just bug the hell out of you and what else do have to do right now.   And @Ladybug724  the "thank you" in the sing songing voices drive me nuts too..

@Junebug54  I agree. If people want to vent then let them vent. It isn't like this experience has been, is, and apparently is going to continue not to be a proverbial bed of roses, so if we want to gripe a bit, then have at it... Anyone who wants to wear that stiff upper lip 24/7/365 is free to do so, but the rest of us are human with human emotions we wish to express. As for the 'we're in this together', 'we're here for you' and similar ads, I agree about them too, they're phony and tiresome...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SunSprite 

I wonder why they spend all that money making and airing commercials rather than spending it on the animals.

---------------------------------------------------------

@SunSprite wrote:

At least it's not the SPCA commercials. Oh my goodness those break my heart. I can't stand looking at those sad eyes. 

They play them so often too! Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Junebug54 wrote:

For goodness sake let her vent...   We know we can change the channel etc. but sometimes things just bug the hell out of you and what else do have to do right now.   And @Ladybug724  the "thank you" in the sing songing voices drive me nuts too..

@Junebug54  I agree. If people want to vent then let them vent. It isn't like this experience has been, is, or apparently is going to continue to be a proverbial bed of roses, so if we want to gripe a bit, then have at it... Anyone who want to wear that stiff upper lip 24/7/365 is free to do so, but the rest of us are human with human emotions we wish to express. As for the tiresome 'we're here for you' and so on ads, I agree about them too, they're phony and tiresome...

I saw a car dealership commercial the other night, and they signed off saying " if we can do anything to help , let us know."  I wanted to call them and see if they would pick up my prescriptions. 😂😂.  It becomes tedious after awhile.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Think about what must be going on behind the scenes. All these ad companies have everyone working from home. And they're getting call after call from their corporate accounts asking for new commercials -- ones without people partying or going down waterslides together or just plain doing anything in groups with no social distancing or masks. And these ad people in their comfy clothes have to try to vpn into the home office network to find old archived ads to repurpose and splice in stock footage of people quietly spending time at home.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@steviebDitto to you on this. Today has been a very very hard day for me with this whole thing. It seems like some days are a lot worse then others. Today was one that felt like the 4 walls are moving in. So, I say, vent all you want, it's better then going off the deep end. 

@stevieb wrote:

@Junebug54 wrote:

@Junebug54  I agree. If people want to vent then let them vent. It isn't like this experience has been, is, or apparently is going to continue to be a proverbial bed of roses, so if we want to gripe a bit, then have at it... Anyone who want to wear that stiff upper lip 24/7/365 is free to do so, but the rest of us are human with human emotions we wish to express. As for the tiresome 'we're here for you' and so on ads, I agree about them too, they're phony and tiresome...

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Junebug54 wrote:

I saw a car dealership commercial the other night, and they signed off saying " if we can do anything to help , let us know."  I wanted to call them and see if they would pick up my prescriptions. 😂😂.  It becomes tedious after awhile.

That's a great idea!

I was thinking more in terms of...paying off car loans!  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Junebug54 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

There's a funny auto dealership commercial that exploits that very thing..... with the comment, "we do whatever our customers need"...........

At the spry age of 91½ Red McCombs adds to his fame by winning a TELLY AWARD for his Driven to Serve television commercial.

Red’s award-winning commercial first aired on the 2019 Super Bowl. The commercial opens with Red declaring: “we do whatever our customers need”. But the real fun starts when a busy mom thinks about Red’s claim, eyeballs a basket of laundry and knowingly murmurs “Whatever I need?” Spoiler alert: Red is not as good doing household chores as he is selling cars!

The theme of the commercials is consistent, the team at Red McCombs is Driven to Serve their customers. And while they might draw the line at doing your household chores, you can count on the McCombs team to bend over backwards to help you.

RED MCCOMBS WINS AWARD FOR HIS "DRIVEN TO SERVE"  COMMERCIAL

Super Bowl 2020RED’S CAR DEALERSHIP TEAM TAKING CARE OF A CUSTOMER'S NEEDS.....
Red McCombs

Red McCombs

Red McCombs

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunSprite wrote:

At least it's not the SPCA commercials. Oh my goodness those break my heart. I can't stand looking at those sad eyes. 

@SunSprite 

A few weeks ago I was wondering if CNN owed stock in  ASPCA. Every time they would go to a commercial break that commercial would start, which would automatically make me change the channel to anything else. I just stopped watching after awhile. Checked back in last week and they have finally moved on to other commercials. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

@SunSprite wrote:

Multiple times an hour during the day sometimes.

They have to be embarassed; I'm embarassed for them.  AdWeek or some such magazine should do an article about those commercials.   I find the overkill to be a disgrace.

@stuyvesant 

I was starting to get really angry and sarcastically thought a few weeks ago, perhaps I should stop my yearly donation to them, since they are continuing to waste money on those ****** commercials, instead of spending the money to help more animals.