Occasional Contributor

Re: I finished nursing school 🤗

Spoiler
 Congratulations on your graduation! Best Wishes on your state boards. As a recently retired RN with 40 years of experience from the bedside to management, I offer you this tidbit of unsolicited advice as you prepare to start your nursing career: Your patients will not care what grades you have obtained, nor what prestigious school you have attended. Rather they will remember how much time you spent during your work day speaking with them , advocating for them as a person in whatever specialty you choose. In all things, be gentle. ⚘
Spoiler

Valued Contributor

@bikerbabe  Serious congrats to you! I graduated from a great program, like yours, 50 years ago!  I loved being a nurse every single day & hope you have a wonderful career also..& good luck with boards, ours was a 2 day affair, before computerized version! 

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations to you, BB. What an accomplishment!

Best wishes to you as you begin your career in the most awesome profession.  Nurses are angels, as you probably know Heart

Thank you for your caring and devotion.

dee

Respected Contributor

Congratulations! Good for you! Be proud of your accomplishments.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Super Contributor

Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of nursing, the number one rated trustworthy profession for many years!  

Honored Contributor

How wonderful!!!!!Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Congratulations, bikerbabe!  Nursing school is rough. I graduated in 1972 and am now retired. A few words of advice: take care of your knees and your back. Buy really good quality comfortable shoes. Never wear fragrance at work. Smile.

Lynda RN MSN

Super Contributor

I missed this earlier!

CONGRATULATIONS @bikerbabe!!!

🎉❤️🎉❤️🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉❤️❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

I have a test date for the boards. 2/1. Earliest date I could get without driving a long distance in traffic ( too stressful).

Eek! 😱😂
Super Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS !   Thats not an easy thing to do.........nursing school!

I am a retired R.N. and my thoughts go back to where you are at this point in your career.

Awaiting to take the boards and then waiting for the mailman to come in hopes my board results would come !  I still remember the day he brought my results.....I was over the moon with excitement as I read my scores!  

I worked as a floor nurse in a hospital on the Medical Surgical unit for many years then took a position working for a pre ceretification company.

What an exciting time for you........I wish you all the best in your career!

One thing I always asked of my student nurses coming to the floor for the first time was 

to treat each patient like they were your family members and no less.

Best of luck to you !

S. Brewer, Dallas, Tx.