Respected Contributor

@GingerHead wrote:

@SportyShorty07

Awe, I'm so sorry! You did an amazing job and sound amazing and yes, I agree sometimes it's some random/stupid reason that has nothing to do with you AT ALL, so don't feel bad about yourself or that you somehow failed because that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Have your cry and then shake it off missy because I feel in my soul, based on everything I know about you, and you can tell a lot about a person just by reading their posts and yours are always kind.... that you are destined for bigger and better! Heart

@GingerHead  Thank you so very muchHeart! I'm so glad I didn't put my makeup on yet today- since these lovely posts are all making me tear up from such kindness Smiley Happy. I think I need to really believe in myself and know that I am destined for big and great things.  When I was a little girl, the story called "The Little Engine That Could " always resonated with me- and I'm going to repeat that phrase, "I think I can! I think I can!" 

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 So sorry that this job didn't work out, and I'll pray it will be as big a blessing to you in a way as a job I didn't get that was later on a good thing for me.

How about a resource officer (guard) at a school?  Our department has slots for citizens who work at low or no pay helping out in the dispatch office, or maybe some other volunteer post or job that could get you in a law enforcement related job--where people get to know you and appreciate your abilities.

Our department also does ride alongs for interested citizens and has a course citizens can take to learn more about law enforcement.  Try anything that might get you close enough to find out what kept you from being selected!

Good luck and may blessings be coming your way to take the place of the disappointment!  

Honored Contributor

Do you have a Highway Patrol in your state?  We have Highway Patrol Troopers here in Texas.

Do not give up, you will find your place where you are needed the most very soon. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

MY guess.....being under 5' 

You could get very hurt taking down a 6' 4" bad guy.  if height is an issue..they should have spelled it out in the initial presentation.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

You could get very hurt taking down a 6' 4" bad guy.  if height is an issue..they should have spelled it out in the initial presentation.

@fthunt HE could get very hurt if she shot him first.  Just sayin'. . . 

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

That would have been an issue in the physical portion not the background check.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  Thank you so very, very much for keeping me in your prayers and thoughts during this journey- that is so thoughtful to know and I am very grateful!  You know, there are a lot of "why's" and "how's" in my ind right now and I have to admit that I am mad too- they put me through the paces, I paid money to take each written exam. 

During my first attempt at the wall in a parking lot test, I fell off of it and slammed my body on the concretet and hit my head- yet I got right up and ran the rest of it while I was bleeding from my temple.  I have a lot of heart and drive and I have great morals and a lot of fearlessness.  I would've been an asset to the police department.   told the background investigator after my interview in December "I'm an unlikely candidate, but I am a determined candidate and regardless of what happens, thank you for meeting me and I am grateful for the opportunity."  Hugs to you and everyone and you are so right, I will serve and make a difference, just in another way Smiley Happy. Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner OKAY ...we'll do it your way.

Liability was my thought..............

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07   I would think somewhere along the way the police would require a polygraph.  Did you take one?

I have seen many not be able to get through a polygraph.  There can be many reasons for that up to and including the question "when was the last time you did weed or any other substance."

Sometimes, they may let you take another one with a different polygrapher and that can make all the difference.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@spumoni99 OKAY OKAY....you may have  the last word................