Esteemed Contributor

I pray and hope but either way I’ll keep you guys posted.

Honored Contributor

Let's hope the person that came behind you is a decent human being and returns the money.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@Miami Spices wrote:

My story does not compare in seriousness with yours, but you may need a laugh. I went to Wendy's drive-through. Ordered, drove to window. Paid. Drove away. I had to drive around the block, go back through the line, to retrieve my food. The youngsters working inside were hysterically laughing. 

@Miami Spices   Believe it or not...I did the exact same thing at Wendy's last summer.  Fortunately there was no one behind me.   I pulled away after paying and the kid at the window yelled "Hey Lady...don't you want your food?"   I backed up...and yes I heard some giggling.  

This must happen more often than we realize; I've done it too! 

I'm sure when you contact the bank, it won't be the first time they've had this occur!

And don't feel dumb, we've all done things that leave us shaking our head at ourselves! Let us know how it turns out! 

Respected Contributor

I did the same thing at a drive thru but I got some of my food not realizing I had another bag. I drove away & had to stop at a red light & the guy came running out & handed me my other bag.

About the ATM some of the machines suck the cash back in if you leave without it but I don't know how Quickly with you having someone right behind you. But you are on camera so they should be able to figure it out.

Honored Contributor

@Miami Spices -

I can see myself doing something like that.

I have bought stuff- groceries or  something and paid and walked off leaving the bag behind.

The cashier would call me back.

I guess my head was in the clouds!😳

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I would have done the same thing..... every time I go to the ATM that is outside the bank I get nervous that someone will try to steal the money from me .... it’s a natural instinct..... I hope the bank gives you good news tomorrow 🥰

Honored Contributor
I am sure the bank has this happen more than you might think; no worries. You were not stupid, just distracted!
Respected Contributor

Don't wait to see if the bank calls you. Call them when they open. And let's hope the money was sucked back in before the car behind you pulled up.

We all make momentary mistakes when distracted. Don't beat yourself up.Thank goodness the worst that could happen would be a loss of money.

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

About the ATM some of the machines suck the cash back in if you leave without it but I don't know how Quickly with you having someone right behind you. But you are on camera so they should be able to figure it out.

I had heard the same thing. That the ATM machine will suck the money back in at the end of your transaction, if you did not take it. But as CLHS68 said, I have no idea how fast.

I can't tell you how many times I have found ATM cards in the machine that the previous person left. It happens and the bank will know how to deal with it. It is just so upsetting to live through these hours before the bank opens. 

I hope everything turns out well for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone, and yes I’m nervous even skipped dinner and this was my first month I was going to have a little leftover money. But God is good and the big blessing is we’re getting the Stimulus and I can replace the money. 

I’m Praying and hoping for good news tomorrow.