Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak  Please don't feel bad. We all do things that make us feel embarrassed. I went to McDonalds and ordered a Whooper,got so flustered.I then ordered French Flies.

Esteemed Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

@qvcfreak  Please don't feel bad. We all do things that make us feel embarrassed. I went to McDonalds and ordered a Whooper,got so flustered.I then ordered French Flies.

Thank you, I was drinking water and splattered it all over. So funny.

Honored Contributor

The AtM machines are not maintained by the bank so they most likely will need to contact the company who does,  They will have recording but not sure if the bank is liable for your mistake. Hoping they (bank) makes you whole.

Today I-was cashing a check at the teller window.  She counted the money back to me and I asked her wasn't the check for ####.

She said why?  I told her I thought she gave me $125 to much -- yup she did!  She thanked me for my honesty but in my mind I wasn't comfortable and I'm sure they would have "debited" out of my account.  She said they wouldn't do that yet I would had felt wierd keeping it-

Hope you get good news!!!

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

@hellie jo wrote:

Well.......I once ordered a "Whopper".......at Wendy's

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak   I hope it works out.  I hope it pulled your money back into the ATM. Things happen. My SO, one day he prepaid for gas, then drove off without pumping it, went back, they said oh well no proof, It was only $30 but lesson learned!  

Honored Contributor

At Chase bank if you don't take your money immediately, the ATM will pull it back in. Hopefully that's what happened instead of the truck behind you getting it. Call. The teller will be able to let you know.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

As a teenager, I was so excited about buying ($1.00) 45 rpm record (black vinyl), that I paid for it and left.  So, not even due to age, does this happen to some.  Bet we've all or almost all, done something like this.  

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

@hellie jo wrote:

Well.......I once ordered a "Whopper".......at Wendy's

me too!!!!

Honored Contributor

Once, at the grocery store, I paid the cashier and walked off without the bag of groceries.  Fortunately, the cashier caught me before I got too far.  I must have had other things on my mind.  Well, that, and the fact that I usually use self checkout, so the assisted checkout lane wasn't exactly routine for me.

Respected Contributor

Stuff happens to us all. Let us know how you make out. Good luck.