Esteemed Contributor

Re: I did not get the Job--thinking of Filing a Sexism Complaint

OP's replies might explain the poor results she gets at work.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@justmyopinion wrote:

@JBKO wrote:
I don't even know where to begin. Scam and scheme people? That is what some of you think? I don't think I should spend an extra minute conversing with people who attack my character like that. You must all have some psychic abilities to pretend to know everything about me. I guess you are all perfect. I at least can admit I am not.

At least I can look back and know that I have never taken the time to knock someone when they are down. Look back and ask yourself if you are pleased with what you have said. Were you being the bigger person? If this thread is so beneath you then why keep responding? That is something I will never understand.

Have a nicer rest of the day. Hope you find something better to do with your time.

I didn't knock you when you were down and I have no idea who you are or whether your story is true or fabricated. Many of us have better things to do with our time but we responded  to you and tried to offer advice. Someone mentioned you were posting with a different name (same account) and you were telling a different story. Why not just set the record straight and explain instead of insulting a whole group of posters and walking away with an attitude. 

I do think this thread is helpful for others in this situation, until the mods poof  it.

Esteemed Contributor

@justmyopinion wrote:

@JBKO wrote:
I don't even know where to begin. Scam and scheme people? That is what some of you think? I don't think I should spend an extra minute conversing with people who attack my character like that. You must all have some psychic abilities to pretend to know everything about me. I guess you are all perfect. I at least can admit I am not.

At least I can look back and know that I have never taken the time to knock someone when they are down. Look back and ask yourself if you are pleased with what you have said. Were you being the bigger person? If this thread is so beneath you then why keep responding? That is something I will never understand.

Have a nicer rest of the day. Hope you find something better to do with your time.

I didn't knock you when you were down and I have no idea who you are or whether your story is true or fabricated. Many of us have better things to do with our time but we responded  to you and tried to offer advice. Someone mentioned you were posting with a different name (same account) and you were telling a different story. Why not just set the record straight and explain instead of insulting a whole group of posters and walking away with an attitude. 

She knows that she has been caught red-handed, and it's easier to play the wounded victim.

Valued Contributor

@JBKO wrote:
One of the few female supervisors we had, had filed a sexual harrasment complaint and she went on to be promoted.

this statement is very telling about why you are considering filing a suite. Sorry...to be so blunt but it seems you're looking to get promoted through force rather than actually being harassed. This is very damaging to women that are actually harassed in the work place. They may not be believed because of false claims being filed. 

Just two questions. What is your education level and why are you focusing on tardiness? I've worked as a HR assistant, trust me the tardiness thing wont matter for one second unless its consistent. Everybody will have a late day every now and then, its common and it won't be noticed if you are on-time because its required. Your not special because you show up the same as the other coworkers. Attitude is a huge reason why some people are promoted over others. Attitude, a team player mentality, leadership abilites, flexablity, professonalism and education level, are all very important when it comes to promotions. Not if your on-time or not. 

Honored Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

@JBKO wrote:
One of the few female supervisors we had, had filed a sexual harrasment complaint and she went on to be promoted.

this statement is very telling about why you are considering filing a suite. Sorry...to be so blunt but it seems you're looking to get promoted through force rather than actually being harassed. This is very damaging to women that are actually harassed in the work place. They may not be believed because of false claims being filed. 

Just two questions. What is your education level and why are you focusing on tardiness? I've worked as a HR assistant, trust me the tardiness thing wont matter for one second unless its consistent. Everybody will have a late day every now and then, its common and it won't be noticed if you are on-time because its required. Your not special because you show up the same as the other coworkers. Attitude is a huge reason why some people are promoted over others. Attitude, a team player mentality, leadership abilites, flexablity, professonalism and education level, are all very important when it comes to promotions. Not if your on-time or not. 

I agree with you, and it's very common around here that people make up the time if they are late, after work or when they can.  It's true, spit happens.

I am absolutely sure it's happening A LOT where I live today, there is a gathering that has required a lot of transportation to be rechanneled. 

Super Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@justmyopinion wrote:

@JBKO wrote:

She knows that she has been caught red-handed, and it's easier to play the wounded victim.

----

I am sitting here watching Anderson Cooper. Since I have nothing better to do, I went back into the poster's history and read many of her posts starting with the very first one made with the account she is presently posting with.
She's in her 20's, has an anthropology degree, works two jobs, one is in a museum, has 4 sisters, one in grade school, doesn't date, likes drug-store makeup, rides the bus to work, yada yada. 
Nothing indicates that she isn't telling the truth in her opening post on this thread.

From reading her posts she strikes me as lonely, frustrated with her life, depressed and misunderstood.

I totally get why she wasn't offered the promotion.

Too young, whine-y, immature and not management material.

Trusted Contributor

I'm pretty sure that anyone who posts on any kind of forum knows that the OP may or may not be telling the truth.  They may or may not be honest.  If someone answers the OP with sage advise and they spend their valuable time trying to help, then that is their choice.  If you try to help someone it doesn't matter if the person in need is really needy.  If you try to help then you have been blessed regardless of the true situation of the recipient.  This OP has evidently done something that every single person posting here knows can happen.  What the heck?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

On op first post they never said they had a full-time job. Is that what they were seeking for a supervisor position? If you go to a top-tier university, I would recommend getting a degree that pays out.

Esteemed Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

I'm pretty sure that anyone who posts on any kind of forum knows that the OP may or may not be telling the truth.  They may or may not be honest.  If someone answers the OP with sage advise and they spend their valuable time trying to help, then that is their choice.  If you try to help someone it doesn't matter if the person in need is really needy.  If you try to help then you have been blessed regardless of the true situation of the recipient.  This OP has evidently done something that every single person posting here knows can happen.  What the heck?

That doesn't mean it's okay, and it doesn't mean that people don't have the right to feel taken advantage of.  And it absolutely does matter "if the person in need is really needy".  I'm sure I speak for most of the posters here when I say that I would far prefer to reach out to someone who truly needs help, support, and advice.

It also doesn't mean that the OP shouldn't be called out for it.  Not only to let her know that we're now aware that she deliberately lied and misrepresented, but also to inform other posters.

So yes, we all know that this can happen. But that doesn't excuse it, and we're entitled to feel that we wasted our time.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Kinda reminded me of someone else who would post some wild stories along with a lot of whining and then get mad at the responses.

I think she also went by more than a few names.

Yes, she sounds very much like a poster who, among other nics, was something like "Ilovebarrymanilow."

Anyone remember that? Oh, and at one point, she was something like "KVCLover"; she loved those handbags.

She was always whining and seemed desperate for attention. I felt sorry for her.

Yes, @suzyQ3! Exactly what I was thinking. But it may've been "KVZlover" - she liked Kathy Van Zeeland bags!

Muddling through...