Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ    I'm sure there's some sort of deal with the station and whoever owns this franchise.  They sell it to sucker TV stations.  Its called "Local Steals and Deals" if you want to Google it.

@Kachina624 

We have "Steals and Deals" but its one of the local news gals that does ours....perhaps LR was too expensive....😉

@Kachina624  I don't think any products on steals and deals are Lisa's. I think she's just the spokesperson and she gets paid for that. I don't think she has any 'people'. Seems she has a very few who answer emails and things like that. Think she is just hanging on. I looked at her FB and hardly anyone replies to her pictures of her new products. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ    I agree.  By people, I meant the people for whom she works.  She's just an employee for some distributor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Those Medicare commercials are annoying!  And a couple of those AAA commercials are, too.  Balance of Nature and Relief Factor --- they must spend a ton on advertising --- these commercials are shown constantly.  I saw a commercial yesterday I could do without --- don't remember the brand but it was a close up of a woman's hairy armpit showing her using a particular razor!  Really?  Was this necessary?  Ewww --- gross.  And how about the dumb carrot commercial for a particular men's medical problem --- very stupid....  Oddly enough, the LR commercials don't bother me at all.  I kind of get a kick out of some of her funny comments and enthusiasm.  

@AngelPuppy1 you forgot Tatiana from USAA and the Gold Guy, William Devane, lol!

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter 

Oh, yes --- how could I forget them!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Those Medicare commercials are annoying!  And a couple of those AAA commercials are, too.  Balance of Nature and Relief Factor --- they must spend a ton on advertising --- these commercials are shown constantly.  I saw a commercial yesterday I could do without --- don't remember the brand but it was a close up of a woman's hairy armpit showing her using a particular razor!  Really?  Was this necessary?  Ewww --- gross.  And how about the dumb carrot commercial for a particular men's medical problem --- very stupid....  Oddly enough, the LR commercials don't bother me at all.  I kind of get a kick out of some of her funny comments and enthusiasm.  

@AngelPuppy1 you forgot Tatiana from USAA and the Gold Guy, William Devane, lol!

@CelticCrafter @AngelPuppy1 

Tatiana is from New Day USA, not USAA. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

@patbz wrote:
I have emailed two different t.v. stations about something that was bothering me. The second one was recently about a statewide political as; I never got a response but less than 1 week later the ad disappeared. It was pretty appalling and I'm betting that I wasn't the only one complaining.

@patbz If it's the Political Ad I'm thinking about here in AZ, yes it was pretty appalling to say the least. How low some Politicians will go just to get votes. 

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 

O.k. Thanks...

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I recall writing and calling the places airing, as well as the manufacturer of the car, that at the time had a car commercial showing a family releasing their pet rabbit into the wild.

How anyone ever used to think that was anything but cruel is beyond me. The commercial was soon gone. I'm sure I was one of many, thank goodness.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.