Valued Contributor
Andrewsgrandma - Sending you hugs that you get through tomorrow. On the Bay - what you wrote in response is so touching and true.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I hate it for this week I am getting ads in his name.   it will be 2 years coming Valentines Day.  I got an ad with a picture of a book pretending that was "created by him just for me" How Do I Love Thee with our names quoting Shakespeare and other poets.

Just $119.--Where do they get our names !                         

Respected Contributor

As you can see, Andrew's Grandma, you are in a very safe and loving place here.  May your heavy burden lighten by being shared with family and friends -- including the friends you've never met, but who write you on these boards.  I pray for your peace of heart.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andrewsgrandma, sending you (((HUGS))) and try not to be sad. I know it’s difficult but your dad and daughter would love for you to keep on living. Think of their favorite dish or dessert and eat some for them. Maybe it will bring a smile to your face. Blessings 

Honored Contributor

It's easy to see why you dread tomorrow.  I hope that by going through the motions, you are able to find some joy.

Trusted Contributor

I will say a prayer for you tonight. Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Andrewsgrandma

I feel for your losses; the holidays can be really a difficult time.

I agree with posters who have said you might be pleasantly surprised by the little things or the moments of joy you experience

while you go through the motions.

Respected Contributor

Wow, it seems as we lose our loved ones our traditions change. What I would not give to be about 9 years old again, growing up in magical New England where we swore Santa could ski right onto the roof with his sleigh. When my dad died in 2001 all tradition seemed to go out the window. I am just happy to see my family and spend some time with them. That is all I really have. I hope all have a wonderful holiday season. There are many emotions that run through the holidays but I am grateful for all that I have. 

Honored Contributor

@Andrewsgrandma, I’m so sorry for your losses and hope you’ll find comfort reading all the beautiful posts here. I will keep you in my prayers this holiday season.🙏💕

C086C038-19A0-4BC3-80B6-ADF62D9926C9.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

@Andrewsgrandma

much what I was thinking has already been said by others here.

I just wanted to wish you Happy Thanksgiving from my family (and I thoroughly understand your loss - I lost my 2 nephews this year) and am sending you a HUG to help you get through tomorrow and beyond.