Trusted Contributor

I SCORED CLOROX DISINFECTING WIPES AT WAL-MART TODAY

It was a container of only 30, but it's better than none.  The container wasn't easy to find.  They had put them on the bottom shelf and had turned the label toward the back of the shelf.  I saw something on the bottom shelf and reached down to look at it.  Walla, Clorox Disinfecting Wipes.  Needless to say, a limit of 1, but I haven't seen Clorox disinfecting wipes in a long time.  Guess it pays to look on the bottom shelf.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Re: I SCORED CLOROX DISINFECTING WIPES AT WAL-MART TODAY

My daughter brought home 2 containers of Lysol wipes yesterday from Dollar General.   

Trusted Contributor

I scored a container of Lysol wipes and a bottle of Clorox Clean-up at Walmart a couple of weeks ago. After so many months of empty shelves, I felt like I had struck gold!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wismiss   Bottom shelf and to the back.  People see an empty shelf and do not bother to bend down and look.  Often there will be one or two of an item sitting far back but not noticed.

Glad you found what you needed;  lately our local grocery chain was stocked at least 2 shelves deep each with Lysol and Clorox wipes. 

The supply of Clorox wipes didn't seem as popular but there are still some left over.

Also Lysol spray cleaner.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The only thing I've seen since this whole mess started is generic or off label.  They are dry and not worth buying.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was lucky that last week I found a pack of 5 (85 wipes in each) containers.  It was, of course, one per person per day.  I only realized they had them

as I was getting into the checkout line and saw them in the cart of the woman ahead of me.

I raced back down the store and got them.  Just as I was walking away a man asked me where I'd found them, so I showed him.  I didn't go back to the store until several days later and, of course, they're gone.  I'm just glad I happened to hit it on the right day.

Trusted Contributor

Bought two tubs of Lysol Wipes at Shaw's a few days ago....hope this trend continues!

Honored Contributor

I have been really lucky finding wipes all through this event. It was especially hard in like April and May, but many of our stores now have them in stock in various brands on a semi regular basis. But canisters that I could pick up on sale (Lysol 35 count) for 89 cents on a regular basis, are now like $3. 

I've had pretty good luck hitting Sam's Club at least a half a dozen times over the last few months, for the big packs of Clorox wipes (five large containers per pack) or their Member's Mark brand (4 large containers per pack)as well. Found the Member's Mark ones yesterday when I was there. 

Our Meijer has had Lysol wipes,  a whole skid of them in the main aisle a couple of weeks ago, but they were almost $5 for the large single canister, so I picked up just one at that price. This week they had the small Clorox wipes canisters for like $3, and I passed on those, but the shelf was pretty full. 

So at least for the short term, they are back on a limited basis in my area. Not expecting that to last though, but I hope it does.

Honored Contributor

I'm not even paying attention to price for Clorox wipes. 

As I wished, I was gifted several large containers for my birthday this summer, but I can't help myself when I see them in stock. 

So I've picked up one here and one there although they are the smaller containers. 

I somehow feel that having them is saving my life and my loved ones, too.  Crazy, isn't it?

I also came across 20 packs of my Scott bathroom tissue and they have a deal going that if you spend more than $25 on Scott tissue and/or paper towels, you get $5 off.  Plus, they were both on sale.  So I got 40 rolls of toilet paper for less than $23.

Trusted Contributor

Should gloves be worn while using those wipes? My understanding is they are not meant for the hands.  When they are being used liberally around the house and on packages that arrive by the mail and ups, I think that gloves are probably not given much thought.  I think that before covid there use was not to the extreme are they are now and so the occasional use without gloves was not much of an issue.  On the other hand the wipes that don't contain the c.h.d. but primarily alcohol probably don't need gloves.  Just thinking out loud.