Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Must Be Getting Old!

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Re: I Must Be Getting Old!

[ Edited ]

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@violann wrote:

So however you define the motive @Daisy Sunflower, the actual execution Was MUCH LESS of an ambush than you seem to think.

Sorry @violann , but I would never have a "drop in shower".  Smiley Happy

I don’t know what you’re sorry for @Daisy Sunflower . You just must be much younger than I, and not necessarily aware of how some of these customs began. I would be interested in what you find objectionable about what was described as the “drop in shower” though.

Are the customs defining “showers” very different where you are?

Honored Contributor

I think a "drop in" shower should be renamed a "scattered shower."   

(No I'm not a meterologist)

Esteemed Contributor

I must be getting old, too, because being around screaming kids just doesn't do it for me.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

I like the cake! the cute clothes and stuff too. Everything looks so exciting and then the baby is born, and life is normal again. Always great expectations! I won't take that dream away from any mom to be. 

Honored Contributor

@dimin wrote:

I like the cake! the cute clothes and stuff too. Everything looks so exciting and then the baby is born, and life is normal again. Always great expectations! I won't take that dream away from any mom to be. 

@dimin   LOL - not for the new parents!  

Honored Contributor

@dulwich  I hear you, I visited my niece and her newborn a month ago and I was able to hold up about 4 hours. I never want to leave early when I'm visiting my family, but I was just exhausted. Between all the feminine energy in the room and the dear baby has colick and was constantly crying, well it was too much for this old gal.

Esteemed Contributor

@dimin wrote:

I agree!

I love showers, weddings, anything of that type.  There's so much sadness in the world and it's nice to celebrate happy occasions with people I care about.  And it's nice for them to have other people share in their joy.  I love being a part of that!

If anyone feels differently (and that's their right, of course), then they shouldn't attend.  The last thing I would want at my own happy occasion would be people attending who didn't want to be there.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@violann wrote:

So however you define the motive @Daisy Sunflower, the actual execution Was MUCH LESS of an ambush than you seem to think.

Sorry @violann , but I would never have a "drop in shower".  Smiley Happy

A drop-in shower sounds to me like an open house kind of thing.  People come and go throughout a specified time, whenever they can. And they stay for as long or short a time as they want.  It seems to me that should be preferable to those who don't like sitting through the opening of gifts, feeling forced to play games etc.