Esteemed Contributor

Question about PayPal paying for return shipments

[ Edited ]

I received an email from PayPal a while back stating that PayPal would pay for the return shipment for any order paid for through PayPal.  Has anyone used this?  How does it work?  TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about PayPal paying for return shipments

I have used it on several occasions. First thing is you have to activate the refund return service. From there you will be directed what to do. Please read the policy regarding using the service...some limitations are stated there.

Find out how to activate this service by going to your PP account then go to the HELP tab and type in FREE RETURNS. That will tell you everything you need to know  about it.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you SO much @SilleeMee !

Honored Contributor

You're welcome Smiley Happy @Boehm Collector 

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector   .... I discovered this by accident about  month ago, just before I returned an order.  Return shipping was $13.40.  I followed their steps, and received a credit about a week after I requested it.  They will refund up to 12 returns a year.  I think the maximum refund per return is $30.  

Be sure to photograph the package you are returning, with the shipping sticker on the package.  You'll need to submit that to get your refund.

Honored Contributor

I just uploaded copies of my postage receipts. No problems there. One time I used the prepaid label and all I did with that is upload a copy of my email I got from the Q when I returned my product. That email contained what the prepaid label cost me in the amount deducted from my total purchase price.