Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  The top is lovely and isn't it nice to receive a compliment now and then out of the blue.Smiley Happy

I once had a lady in the middle of food shopping tell me she loved my gray hair and was going to stop coloring hers after seeing mine.  I told her, however, that it is SILVER not gray and she laughed.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

What a very nice encounter for both of you.  It is a pretty top (I peeked), bet it looks great on you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Cute top. I am getting over the lace tops and dresses because as you mentioned - they get caught on everything. 

Trusted Contributor

Cute top @Annabellethecat66.  Easy Pay has gotten me in trouble a few times, too!  ;-)

Honored Contributor

@TuesdayTaylorI don't buy anything unless it's on easy pay.  Especially these days.  I've suddenly blown up (in my belly) and I'm between sizes.

I can gain and loose weight (just a few pounds here and there) very easily.  Just don't keep it off.

I've never like eating.  I find it boring.  Probably because I can't taste or smell much.  

You'd think I ......no....I wish I'd be skinnier because I don't enjoy eating, however, I eat the wrong things and (because of my bad back) I don't get much exercise.  

I just said, "If my back was right, I could take on the world" (and I mean it).  Just bending over is soooo painful, it's crazy.

Boo, hoo.....big deal, right.  But I think I look good and we all know that's important.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

That is a pretty top, one that I had not seem presented.  I am sure it looks lovely on you.

The thing that sticks out for me in your story is that she had to quit due to easy pay.  She probably bought too much and was spending her entire paycheck, if not more.  That is something we all have to watch out for.  I know the hosts get a discount.  I wonder if all the employees do.

@Puppy Lips

A co-worker retired from our office and to save money for her trip to Europe she worked for awhile at the CS phone center here in SA....She said that employees got a nice discount!-50% on some items she said!  But after a time she had saved up a nice sum for her trip and quit QVC......Haven't heard from her in awhile...she does visit her kids and grandkids who live out of state, and stays with them a great deal of the time,  or I'd ask her more about her time with QVC..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Nice story and beautiful top....The color you chose was my favorite too...bummer that it gets caught on everything, Q almost made a sale.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

That is a pretty top, one that I had not seem presented.  I am sure it looks lovely on you.

The thing that sticks out for me in your story is that she had to quit due to easy pay.  She probably bought too much and was spending her entire paycheck, if not more.  That is something we all have to watch out for.  I know the hosts get a discount.  I wonder if all the employees do.

@Puppy Lips

A co-worker retired from our office and to save money for her trip to Europe she worked for awhile at the CS phone center here in SA....She said that employees got a nice discount!-50% on some items she said!  But after a time she had saved up a nice sum for her trip and quit QVC......Haven't heard from her in awhile...she does visit her kids and grandkids who live out of state, and stays with them a great deal of the time,  or I'd ask her more about her time with QVC..........

Thank you for your imput.  I would be very interested to talk to anyone who works or had worked at QVC.  I have a lot of questions!  I did take the least expensive tour at QVC when I was in PA a few years ago.  But I would like more of the behind the scenes info.

Whenever Carolyn or any other hosts says, "I have this", or "I bought XXX", I am always thinking to myself they they got it for a lot less than I will.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead