Super Contributor

The mundane little things of working in the office. Chatter amongst people, noisy copier, people shuffling in and out, communting, etc..  I have been working from home since March 2020 and I am over it. I have several new co-workers that I have never met. 

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Trusted Contributor

I miss being 19 because l made the worst decision of my life that forever changed my life to this day... and I'm 72. I would give anything to go back and change the decision l made.

l miss not having children but l am thankful that l worked for the state for many, many years and now have a great retirement along with my social security.

l miss my Dad so much. I think of him every day.

I miss laughing with him, sitting at the kitchen table with him while he read the newspaper and I would be reading a magazine or watching tv. I could ask him a dozen questions while he read the paper and he never once was annoyed with me... We went to a few auctions. At one he bought a box of assorted stuff. We looked through it when we came home and l found the prettiest marbles that l washed and polished to make them shiny with a rag he handed me. He would bring home S&H green stamps from the gas station and lay them on the kitchen table. When l saw them l squealed and ran to get the S&H green stamp books and put them in after eating supper... He would stop and pick up 2 baskets of freshly picked and the yummiest strawberries from a roadside stand.... I would hull them in the kitchen sink, mash them and mix in sugar.... He would bring home a dozen ears of freshly picked ears of corn and l would help him clean them on the back porch... I really enjoyed summertime because of these small but filled-with-memories things l did with my Dad. ❤️

l miss being able to eat anything l want and never gain an ounce. I was 45 when my metabolism came to a screeching halt... and slowly l started gaining weight...

l miss being the nice person l used to be...and the sweet person l used to be...but life changed me... 

I miss being a kid in the summer and all the fun things we did...mostly roller skating with the skates that l used a key to tighten my shoes to my skates...using my hula hoop...playing hopscotch...riding my bike...playing with my siblings and the neighborhood kids...winter fun when young...going to the movies on Friday nights with friends...having sleepovers at friends houses...going to school dances with friends...everything to do when l was younger...had so much fun growing up...except one dark thing most people don't know about when l was 11 or so...but other than that, I was a happy kid. I really miss those days before l had to grow up.

l am glad l don't think about all of these things all the time or l would be a basket case...but it felt good writing all this down ...especially talking about my Dad. ❤️ It made me feel like a little girl again.