Esteemed Contributor

I have been trying to find a second job, a part-time one, to help supplement my income, and after many applications, I finally have an interview!

It's this Saturday.

The job is as a busser at a near by restaurant, which has just resumed in house dining.

If I can get this, then I can relax and breathe easier about my monthly expenses.

My rent is over $1,300 a month, then add in utilities, (Electricity, heat {gas} water, sewer, garbage, cable, internet, phone), gas for my car, car insurance, cat food, and I am just barely squeaking by.

Yes, I know and appreciate that others don't have any job, and yes, I feel for them, but it would be nice to be able to not worry about how I will be able to afford my monthly payments.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819   No lecture from me.  I understand completely.

Good luck and I hope all works out for you.  Living expenses do not pick and choose.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Good for you, @Anonymous032819 !  I hope you get this job, too.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  Hope you get the job. Many people work two jobs. Nothing wrong with that. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

yay! so so happy for you. the best of luck. i'll be rooting for you! let us know ok? 

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819  ....... Good luck on the interview. My thoughts will be with you Saturday wishing you the best of luck!

Trusted Contributor

My youngest son has worked at a Walmart distribution center for the last couple of years and is over $20 an hour now.

He suggested to his friend to put in an application, and his friend was called in for an interview the very next day.

Right now is the time to apply if anyone is looking for work.  The market might tighten up as the extra unemployment dollars dry up at the end of next month. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck 

@Anonymous032819 🍀 

Sending postive thoughts your way 😊

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

good luck 🤞🏻!  I keep saying I'm getting a job - I truly miss working and think this is just what I need.

retired too early!  I think I'd like working in a doctors office or medical field.  In the Fall I'm going to "look".