Respected Contributor

...and I'm wondering how long it'll be till someone steals it...guess I'd better check my account daily, if not hourly.

Respected Contributor

You really should check it at least daily. My husband does. He also gets alerts when something is charged. It's easier to keep up with charges. And to catch the bad charges quickly. 

Honored Contributor

LOL!!! I know what you mean.

I was checking mine daily after it was used again. 

I don't check it daily but several times per week.

Last time someone used my card I had just got online to see when I made a charge that was not on my current statement. There was a small charge I did not make.

I called the credit union & they closed the account so it could no longer be used. A few more charges came through before it was closed.

I would have loved to been a fly on the wall for their next purchase to see their face when it was denied. LOL!!!

They probably thought that was fast.

Until they start doing something about this the scammers will continue using our cards. Why would they stop when nothing happens???

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

You really should check it at least daily. My husband does. He also gets alerts when something is charged. It's easier to keep up with charges. And to catch the bad charges quickly. 

@Lali1 

I have alerts set up on my Discover but our card with credit union does not have those options which I think is strange.

As long as I don't get stuck with the bill guess that's their problem.

If we have our cards there's no way we get stuck with the bill.

Honored Contributor

I use Life Lock, which does a much better job than my credit card company, who calls me over charges at companies I have been purchasing from for years. But Life Lock has contacted me a few times for legit concerns.

Sometimes I think my credit card company just periodically contacts me to make me feel they are doing something. I asked them to stop, letting them know that I use Life Lock. Each and every time the credit card contacted me for a potential fraud case, it wasn't. But every time Life Lock contacted me, it was a genuine misuse of my card.

I also check my credit card online statements periodically.

Esteemed Contributor

Setting the alerts to a low level on the account will give you peace of mind. Of course then you are reminded exactly what you spent 😁

Trusted Contributor

Re: I GOT MY NEW CC TODAY!

[ Edited ]

One of the most disturbing things about the alerts offered from disc card is, against your wishes they will call you if you shop somewhere you hadn't before used your card.  Our alerts were not set for that.  We used our card at Walmart and received a voice call while we were loading our purchases into our vehicle. The call was legit and asking if we made the purchase.  It was very annoying and the dollar amount was rather low so it just seemed silly.  I put the call on speaker so the guy could also hear my husband. As soon as we got home we got rid of the alerts but check our account all the time now.  

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   I use Chase Visa and have it set up that I get a text for any amount that is charged to the card.   That way I know immediately if there is an unauthorized charge.

Honored Contributor

I thought this thread was going to be about CC Cream.