Respected Contributor

The thread that was about old stores and that, was such a cute thread.  I've been seeing really cute ones but anyway did anyone mention the store

Robert Hall....

I remember the jingle and my father would be singing it when I had to get up for school.  It drive me bananas because he would sing it where it REALLY needled me!!!!  I'm dying laughing as I'm typing this.

It went....School bells ringing, children singing...back to Robert Hall again.  It was geared toward going back to school needing new clothes.  If that makes any sense. 

OOOHHHH  it used to get my goat!!!!!!  OH BOY!!!!  Did you guys ever get this kind of thing?   I'd love to hear some replies...XXXOOO

Honored Contributor

I found the jingle! It's the first song on this youtube video.

https://youtu.be/RfLfl_HtG8U

Very very catchy. I really like "Go Go," myself.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Never heard of Robert Hall.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Spent most of my life in So. Cal. and well recall Robert Hall. There was a store in a small shopping center near us.

Respected Contributor

Since you mentioned store jingles, I’d like to do a shout out to any Oklahomans @Sooner . We lived in OKC in the late 80s and I can still sing all of the BC Clark holiday anniversary sale jingle. It was a jewelry store and if it’s still around, they better still be playing that jingle!  “Jewelry is the gift to give....”

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I found the jingle! It's the first song on this youtube video.

https://youtu.be/RfLfl_HtG8U

Very very catchy. I really like "Go Go," myself.

—————

Les Paul and Mary Ford, that’s impressive!

Honored Contributor

I remember it. There was one near my father's office so when we had to go there (rarely) my mother always wanted to stop at RH  and look around.

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Since you mentioned store jingles, I’d like to do a shout out to any Oklahomans @Sooner . We lived in OKC in the late 80s and I can still sing all of the BC Clark holiday anniversary sale jingle. It was a jewelry store and if it’s still around, they better still be playing that jingle!  “Jewelry is the gift to give....”

@tucsongal Jewelry is the gift to give ‘cause it's the gift that'll live and live. So give the gift you know can't fail — from B.C. Clark's Anniversary Sale.

Most sales are after Christmas, but Clark's is just before. 'Most evrything is marked way down — Savings you can't ignore at Oklahoma's oldest jeweler — since eighteen-ninety-two. So give the gift you know can't fail from B.C. Clark's Anniversary Sale.

I have engagement ring and other pieces from Clarks!

You can hear and SEE the B.C. Clark jingle commercial on YouTube--

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Forgot To Add

[ Edited ]

Oh, I remember Robert Hall!

It was only about 2 miles down the road, a block or two before Sears Roebuck.

I remember my mother taking me there and buying two new school dresses and a beautiful brown corduroy winter coat.

The prettier dress had a net under layer that was itchy as all get out!

The other dress was red & white check with little butterfly appliques. I wore that one for my 2nd grade school picture.

That pretty coat wasn't warm at all, and I shivered like crazy all through winter, but I loved it. 

🎵 When the values go up up up...

And the prices go down down down...🎶

Esteemed Contributor

I also remember Robert Hall - my mom loved to go in and peruse the ENTIRE store at a snail's pace.

And, yes I heard the jingle all the time before school started.