Esteemed Contributor

I Can't Wait For 2019 To Be Done.

The end of 2019 can't come soon enough.  DH died the end of May, of course the worst thing that happened this year.

My car suddenly became a money pit since he died. Put over 2 grand in that. When the next thing happened with itI said to he** with it and am selling it.

I am almost 2 weeks out from a knee replacement.  I hurt. I'm tired, can't drive or do a heck of a lot yet.

This afternoon my son came to plow us out and went in the basement.  He came in and announced the fuel tank is dripping oil.  Big puddle on the floor.  The tank was just filled last week. I paid over $200 in September to have the furnance serviced for winter and have everything checked.

I'm done.  If 1 more thing goes wrong I will lose what mind I have left.

Respected Contributor

Re: I Can't Wait For 2019 To Be Done.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 You have had a year from Hades, for sure.  You seem like a very strong woman....I'm reading what your year was like and thinking,  "I would have probably thrown in the towel by July."  You are almost through with this year full of heartache and trials.....I sincerely wish for you peace, good health and enjoyable times with your daughter and your friends and family in the new year.

Esteemed Contributor

Ha, I win!  A death, 2 more deaths (unexpected, but they were in their 90s), and a surgery in 11 days.  Not much of a Thanksgiving this year.

We are going with the theory that bad things can NOT come in more than fours.

Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee  Thanks.  I've always thought of myself as a pretty tough broad but I'm at my limit. Of course it is all on my shoulders to handle this *rap.

I forgot my washer went too.  Not terrible in the scheme of things but I more to add to the pile.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 @Still Raining  So sorry to hear.  I too can't wait for 2019 to be done.  I was diagnosed with melanoma in September and a big section of my upper arm is now missing.  I asked the doctor before she carved me up if she did skin grafts and she said no, not for this particular case and that it would take about a year to heal.  I sincerely doubt it will heal at 100% ever and will always be looking carved out to some degree.  I sometimes lay on it when I'm changing positions at night and it immediately wakes me up. The doctor said I shouldn't complain because it was caught in time.  Gee, thanks doctor for telling me I shouldn't complain for being disfigured for probably the rest of my life. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can say from experience, all come around the same time when we can least afford and emotionally handle all of them, but somehow we get through.  It's all part of life here on earth.  Usually there is a reprieve between these events and things do get better.  

I'll remember you in my prayers for strength to get through this.  

So, hang in there.  

Trusted Contributor

Oh, my GOODNESS! I am so sorry that all this is happening to you. Condolences on your DH's passing. May your knee and your body strengthen. Sometimes it seem that things pile up and we don't think it will get better. Some things will get better soon. Other challenges tell us that life has a new normal -- and that is hard. Take on one challenge at a time is what people advise. ALSO, ask for help. Farm out work and farm out worrisome details to find solutions as much as you can. May you be strenghthened in body, mind and spirit. Be blessed, be blessed, BE BLESSED. Heart

Honored Contributor

Oh yes, I can relate.  I quit counting the number of things that have given up the ghost since my husband died eighteen months ago.  And as @Foxxee said, often at the same time.  Some were things he had put off because, as I now know, he wasn't feeling well.  Other things were just normal repairs or replacements that happen periodically.  But it's different when you have to deal with it all yourself.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - I understand completely. 

2019 has been a real winner here also, as was the end of 2018.  And I am NOT one of those who believes that we won't be given more than we can handle.  Things can, and do, take their toll. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Oh dear, you have had enough for one year, that's for sure.  It's harder when you have to manage everything yourself without your DH too, I'm sure.  I'm glad you at least have your DD there.  You will get through all this, and you'll feel stronger once you can get around normally again.  Hang in there......this too shall pass.

Laura loves cats!