Respected Contributor

Re: I Already Have Idiots Setting Off Fireworks

You may want to contact the police and describe what you have just written here. Yes in most areas fireworks are legal but there are restrictions. In GA fireworks must end by 11:59 pm except on New Years when the time is 1:00 am. Also no one under 16 may use fireworks and no one under 18 may purchase fireworks. At least ask the police if they could drive by when this is going on and see if these kids are doing anything illegal Maybe it will scare the kids away. 

Sorry you are having to put up with this. So many selfish people do not care that their actions have negative consequences for others. 

Trusted Contributor

We haven't been hearing too many fireworks but its coming.  We are tinder dry here as e have had hardly any rain so its kind of scary.  

Take care everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Relax. Take a deep breath and enjoy life. Compared to what we all have been through I'd say fireworks would be a very welcome distractionHeart

@ID2,  not when you have a panicky pet (or even a human loved one), especially one that has a medical condition that can be triggered or exacerbated by anxiety.  Ever seen a dog or cat that is having a stress induced seizure?   Maybe you are more familiar with a pet that urinates out of fear or becomes aggressive.

It is one thing when fireworks are expected and can be prepared for but it is entirely different when unexpected and random.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

Relax. Take a deep breath and enjoy life. Compared to what we all have been through I'd say fireworks would be a very welcome distraction! Heart

@ID2 

NO, fireworks are Not a 'welcome distraction' unless you're in Disneyland. How do you possibly find fireworks relaxing?! 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Well kids too have been cooped up and need to let off some steam.   While fireworks can be annoying at least they are not breaking into neighbors houses.

You and your neighbor play right into his hands.  He probably gets a kick out of upsetting the 2 of you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately it is that time of year again.  It seems to be everywhere, I personally feel it should be done only by professionals.  They are much too dangerous and very disruptive for everyone.  Especially the poor pets who cannot understand what is happening.

Esteemed Contributor

They NEVER stop in my area!!!!

Honored Contributor

I almost can't believe what I'm reading.  Why fireworks?  It's not even the July 4th!  This is Wednesday, May 20.  What is the significance?  Or are fireworks typical in some areas for Memorial Day?  I feel for all the "victims".  I've never considered home fireworks to be innocent fun.  SMH.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind the fireworks.  Yes, I have some neighbors behind me who shoot them and I have thought about the possible fire.

However, I also try to think of what they mean to ME..........and that is, this wonderful, beautiful, FREE country we live in, and I thank God!

Valued Contributor

With two dogs who are terrified of fireworks, I wish they were illegal.  They are legal in my county most of June and a week in July, but that doesn't mean idiots don't shoot them off during other times.  I wish they were illegal.