Respected Contributor

Re: I AM NOT SURE QVC

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids where I live we had 3000 people die  so that is what got me thinking about this.

Honored Contributor

where was this ?

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@Love my grandkids where I live we had 3000 people die in the last 24 hours so that is what got me thinking about this.

Not that even 1 death is ok, but in NYC it was 562 deaths in 24  hours to make the total go over 3,000. Not 3,000 in 24 hours.

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

(and other shopping channels) are being socially responsible being on the air. Think about how many hands touch an item to get it on the air. How many hard surfaces are being touched to get an item on the air? Just making an observation.

Why not carry this to a broader extent.  If you are basing your concerns on the number of people involved every single television broadcast, from QVC to the task force briefings, should also be shut down. Many people are also necessary to air TV series, new or reruns.

Unless you are singling out dedicated shopping channels for whatever reason then to be socially responsible all television (and radio and internet) broadcasts should also be shut down.

While we're at it how about shutting down internet sales too.  They also require a multitude of people to stay up and running, fulfill orders, etc.

As much as we hear about machines taking over, costing jobs and such there are still many people running those operations.  Should they all be shut down?  How long are you willing to go without television, radio and the internet?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Janey2 3,000???? I did an internet search and can't find the stats you speak of.

WHERE are you? I know there have been more than that in the U.S. but 3,000 in one place? Really????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t watch QVC live, just online...but I did watch a show the other day for a few minutes because I didn’t recognize the host..it was Antoinella who I had never seen blonde before. She and the vendor were standing at opposite ends of a long table. Perfect! Social distancing. I was impressed. But then I saw her gradually inch her way toward the other end of the table where the vendor was....was surprised someone didn’t whisper in her ear to move back. NOT criticizing, just an example of how easy it is to forget to keep our distance from others when we are so used to being right next to people.....I would be a major fail as a host right now!

Trusted Contributor

PA is quickly becoming one of the country's hotspots for the virus.  Other tv shows are having their people broadcast remotely.  At this point social distancing isn't good enough.  That's all.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

(and other shopping channels) are being socially responsible being on the air. Think about how many hands touch an item to get it on the air. How many hard surfaces are being touched to get an item on the air? Just making an observation.

Why not carry this to a broader extent.  If you are basing your concerns on the number of people involved every single television broadcast, from QVC to the task force briefings, should also be shut down. Many people are also necessary to air TV series, new or reruns.

Unless you are singling out dedicated shopping channels for whatever reason then to be socially responsible all television (and radio and internet) broadcasts should also be shut down.

While we're at it how about shutting down internet sales too.  They also require a multitude of people to stay up and running, fulfill orders, etc.

As much as we hear about machines taking over, costing jobs and such there are still many people running those operations.  Should they all be shut down?  How long are you willing to go without television, radio and the internet?

@Marp 

Well said! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

May G-d bless everyone who keeps us fed, clothed, and entertained!

--------------

Add those that keep us healthy and safe!!!

Respected Contributor

flipping over to watch the Q now and then has been a welcome diversion for me.  imo they are playing by the rules.