Honored Contributor
There is no way to shout on this board unless you type in all caps.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

I'm really surprised the moderators haven't completely closed down this thread. Seems to go all against the Community rules. (content, subject matter)

The shouting alone should have done it.

Respected Contributor
I agree redhead87. This should have been shut down before any of us ever posted.
The original post about a coworkers misdeeds is wrong. It is none of anybody's business and gossip.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I understand it may be controversal, so if the mods think it should be closed that is fine with me.

But in my defense I did not post this persons identity, former employer, or town. I wouldnt do that. I was merely pointing out hypocrisy.

To me its different if someone has a view on something and lives by the standards they preach about.

Its like when I used to smoke. Then my son started to smoke as an adult, I coudnt very well say dont smoke when I was smoking. I could say I would not advise smoking its hard to quit. But to say you cannot smoke is hypocritcal.

Since then neither of us smokes! But Im just making another point on not being a hypocrite!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

I had a "friend," someone I've known since high school, who went on like this about a subject very close to me.  I had told her this, explaining my view and asking her to stop sending me derogatory chain email about this subject, but she never did. I would just delete them, but ask myself why I was even friends with her anymore.  She obviously wasn't concerned with my feelings.  One day, after receiving another of those chain emails from her, I let her have it, ending with "take me off your distribution list and furthermore don't email me anymore."   Our families were sort of friendly, so there were ramifications to this, but I felt at that point I had to do it.  If I didn't stand up for a cause that I believed in, then what type of person was I?   Sometimes you have to say something.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero