Respected Contributor

We are in prep,for,this,  Arrival 2 am Saturday.  Rain in advance.  This storm is being called historic.  It will collide with a cold weather system coming from the north.  While there are no large trees close to the house, our property has many towering hardwood trees.  Dorian was bad.  This is supposed to be worse.

Our whole home generator just kicked in.  Power outage before the hurricane.  Yikes!

Say a prayer for us!  We prepped as well as we can.  Now we hunker down.  LM

Honored Contributor

Stay safe @Lilysmom1 , you are very lucky to have a generator. Fiona has devastated Puerto Rico, no power and all the other problems. They were still recovering from the last awful hurricane.US territory

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Re: Hurricane Fiona

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom1    Am asking  Francis of Assisi (patron of the environment) to look after you.     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1, You bet I will be praying for you!  When I saw the projected storm map on the news last night, I immediately thought of you and became very worried.

You will be in my prayers!  I am thankful that no trees could hit your home, at the very least.  Been through something like this years back, and you never forget.  Please take care.  Let us know how you are doing, if you can.

Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

We are in prep,for,this,  Arrival 2 am Saturday.  Rain in advance.  This storm is being called historic.  It will collide with a cold weather system coming from the north.  While there are no large trees close to the house, our property has many towering hardwood trees.  Dorian was bad.  This is supposed to be worse.

Our whole home generator just kicked in.  Power outage before the hurricane.  Yikes!

Where are you located?

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

Where are you located?

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1   Oh my, been thinking of you with this storm all week. Glad to hear from you, glad you checked in with us.

Batten down the hatches, with the gennie purring already, sounds like you and your husband have been prepping at least all week. I'm hoping you can remain safe. I'll be watching your weather patterns throughout the weekend saying some prayers for you folks, the entire coastline.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1,and everyone,

Praying for you

Respected Contributor

Thankfully you are prepared. This thing sounds horrific. Take care and if you can, let us know how you are doing. We will be thinking about you.

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1   Keeping you in my prayers.  Hope it passes quickly with no damage.  Take care!

Esteemed Contributor

@willomenia, She lives in Canada, close enough to the coast to be potentially affected.  @Lilysmom1 Has a lovely home by a lake with spectacular gardens on their property.  Usually I would not answer for another poster, but in this case I will.