Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

That is not a flattering photo of Harry. It's distorted - elongated as if he's in a funhouse mirror.

You're correct.  I tried to fix that but was unable to.  I was mainly referring to the hair, so didn't think it would matter.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

That is not a flattering photo of Harry. It's distorted - elongated as if he's in a funhouse mirror.

You're correct.  I tried to fix that but was unable to.  I was mainly referring to the hair, so didn't think it would matter.

The photo is fine Lilac he still looks great. 

Honored Contributor

Pearley wrote:

The problem is that a picture that was too large was posted,  It should have been sized down at the time of posting.

I've noticed, since the latest new board, if somebody tries to post a pic that is too large, without sizing it down, the board will smoosh it in, horizontally, so that it doesn't blow up the page.

When we post pics now, there are size choices right below that allow you go choose either original size, large, medium, etc.  If you choose medium it will probably always work better and not distort the graphic.

I hope that advise is taken in the manner it is meant - not to be critical or offend - just to help understand.  I've seen several pics posted in the new board that were obviously too large so the website automatically narrowed them to fit the page.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

He's a Spenser through and through. He also has some of the features of Frances Shand-Kidd in her early years.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

I'll throw this one into the mix. 

That hair gene is a tricky thing.  My husband is 65 and has a complete head of hair.  His mother had 3 brothers that looked like Kojak and it was long before shaving your head was popular.

Umm... There's a resemblance here. The plot thickens...

Handygal, is that a picture of James Hewett?  If so, Harry sure looks like him!!!!  Hmmmmmm.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

He's a Spenser through and through. He also has some of the features of Frances Shand-Kidd in her early years.

I don't think anyone is questioning the Spencer part of his lineage.  It's the other half that's been the subject of controversy.  After all, we did see Diana pregnant with him, so Spencer is definitely part of his heritage.

Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

I'll throw this one into the mix. 

That hair gene is a tricky thing.  My husband is 65 and has a complete head of hair.  His mother had 3 brothers that looked like Kojak and it was long before shaving your head was popular.

Umm... There's a resemblance here. The plot thickens...

Handygal, is that a picture of James Hewett?  If so, Harry sure looks like him!!!!  Hmmmmmm.

He looks exactly like his father, James Hewett, only younger, of course. Their hair, eyes, nose and chin are identical, even their ears.

Valued Contributor

Harry looks a great deal like his Spencer uncle AND like his Spencer Aunt Sarah!

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I don't think anyone is questioning the Spencer part of his lineage.  It's the other half that's been the subject of controversy.  After all, we did see Diana pregnant with him, so Spencer is definitely part of his heritage.

I think people are just pointing out that there is another reason for Harry's looks other than not having Charles for a father.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Diana's brother has red hair, obviously. Harry to me takes after the Spenser side of the family.

I agree.   I think he looks much more like Diana's brother.  Her brother had the same read hair color, and still has a full head of hair.

I don't see the resemblance to his father.    

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent