Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 833
Registered: ‎02-15-2015

Re: Hugh Hefner 88 yrs old-Ewwww

On 3/25/2015 terrier3 said:
On 3/25/2015 Lion said:
On 3/25/2015 NoelSeven said: <p class="quote_author">When someone starts telling you they know how God thinks... run!

I agree.

I'm always both amazed and mildly amused when any human being claims to be so sure about "God", and certain that they know exactly how God thinks, feels, judges, etc.

Thinking, feeling, judging,,,are all HUMAN attributes, so I have no idea how they relate to God.

Aren't we supposedly made "in the image" of God? Isn't that in the Bible?

KittyLouSoutenuBibleScholarNotHowAboutYou

Super Contributor
Posts: 1,520
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Hugh Hefner 88 yrs old-Ewwww

Hef led the secksual revolution but for all the wrong reasons. That's why his particular brand of "secksual freedom" eventually went off the rails. It was a teenage boy's dream. It was about having and discarding as many women as he wanted with little or no regard for their feelings or dignity and getting them to go along with it. He's a dinosaur. Whatever he did for women's causes, it still remains that Playboy and his "empire" was about using women. Back in the day, women didn't write for his mag, they were the decoration. He has contributed to the objectification of women as playthings and we have moved far beyond just being "cool" about having secks. I've always found him arrogant and disgusting.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,973
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Hugh Hefner 88 yrs old-Ewwww

On 3/25/2015 BlueCollarBabe said:

Hef led the secksual revolution but for all the wrong reasons. That's why his particular brand of "secksual freedom" eventually went off the rails. It was a teenage boy's dream. It was about having and discarding as many women as he wanted with little or no regard for their feelings or dignity and getting them to go along with it. He's a dinosaur. Whatever he did for women's causes, it still remains that Playboy and his "empire" was about using women. Back in the day, women didn't write for his mag, they were the decoration. He has contributed to the objectification of women as playthings and we have moved far beyond just being "cool" about having secks. I've always found him arrogant and disgusting.

How many girlfriends, playmates, bunnies or whatever they're called, would Hef had enjoyed, if he didn't ply them with promises of fame and fortune? He may have been a shrewd businessman, but he used women. No better than a pimp. IMHO.

Super Contributor
Posts: 833
Registered: ‎02-15-2015

Re: Hugh Hefner 88 yrs old-Ewwww

You are allowed to type Sexual here.

Webbie won't faint.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,812
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Hugh Hefner 88 yrs old-Ewwww

and those same women let themselves be used... I don't need to get started on my feminist podium.. to each their own..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,812
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Hugh Hefner 88 yrs old-Ewwww

On 3/25/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

You are allowed to type Sexual here.

Webbie won't faint.


Hopefully they've got ammonia capsules on hand! LOL

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor
Posts: 833
Registered: ‎02-15-2015

Re: Hugh Hefner 88 yrs old-Ewwww

On 3/25/2015 BlueCollarBabe said:

Hef led the secksual revolution but for all the wrong reasons. That's why his particular brand of "secksual freedom" eventually went off the rails. It was a teenage boy's dream. It was about having and discarding as many women as he wanted with little or no regard for their feelings or dignity and getting them to go along with it. He's a dinosaur. Whatever he did for women's causes, it still remains that Playboy and his "empire" was about using women. Back in the day, women didn't write for his mag, they were the decoration. He has contributed to the objectification of women as playthings and we have moved far beyond just being "cool" about having secks. I've always found him arrogant and disgusting.

ITA!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,953
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Hugh Hefner 88 yrs old-Ewwww

On 3/25/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:
On 3/25/2015 terrier3 said:
On 3/25/2015 Lion said:
On 3/25/2015 NoelSeven said: <p class="quote_author">When someone starts telling you they know how God thinks... run!

I agree.

I'm always both amazed and mildly amused when any human being claims to be so sure about "God", and certain that they know exactly how God thinks, feels, judges, etc.

Thinking, feeling, judging,,,are all HUMAN attributes, so I have no idea how they relate to God.

Aren't we supposedly made "in the image" of God? Isn't that in the Bible?

KittyLouSoutenuBibleScholarNotHowAboutYou

Yes, an interesting comment to ponder, isn't it? Over time, probably most people assumed that means in looks.

I wonder if anyone has gone over the original language use for that? Often times, words in the Bible have been mistranslated, or changed over time by humans. King James did that very thing. He changed the word for sorcerer to witch, which gave birth to the witch hunts that killed so many women. He made it: "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,957
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Hugh Hefner 88 yrs old-Ewwww

There's nothing to admire about the way Hefner controlled and imposed rules on the women that were his girlfriends. Curfews? Rules on when and where they could go and who they could see? It degrades women.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,270
Registered: ‎04-20-2012

Re: Hugh Hefner 88 yrs old-Ewwww

If you were a young 20 year old attending UCLA, it was a badge of honor to be chosen by Hef's scouts who brought stretch limos to pick up beautiful girls. In San Diego, one of my neighbors who transferred there from San Diego State told me all the sordid details. She was very pretty but built like Maria the plus sized model. So while "allowed" to swim in his pool topless she was not given the same "privileges" as the thin girls such as sleeping overnight in the mansion and be passed around to all the men partying there.