Super Contributor

Re: Hugh Hefner 88 yrs old-Ewwww

On 3/25/2015 bikerbabe said: There's nothing to admire about the way Hefner controlled and imposed rules on the women that were his girlfriends. Curfews? Rules on when and where they could go and who they could see? It degrades women.

Sticking bunny ears and tails on them and having them serve men was pretty degrading too.

And putting their naked bodies in a centerfold spread and calling them ""Playmate of the Month"" wasn't real respectful either.

What was it that he did to elevate women again?

Super Contributor

On 3/25/2015 Ilikeshade said:

If you were a young 20 year old attending UCLA, it was a badge of honor to be chosen by Hef's scouts who brought stretch limos to pick up beautiful girls. In San Diego, one of my neighbors who transferred there from San Diego State told me all the sordid details. She was very pretty but built like Maria the plus sized model. So while "allowed" to swim in his pool topless she was not given the same "privileges" as the thin girls such as sleeping overnight in the mansion and be passed around to all the men partying there.

Hef's machine was predatory.

What a guy!

Esteemed Contributor

Guys like the Hef did what he did for guys to enjoy. Many a soldier gawked at the pics while overseas at war. It helped them to remember that there was a better home and conditions than a battlefield.

No one is perfect and Hef isn't. However he did acknowledge the troops and sent over the celebs and the girls to let the guys know they were supported and to get the job done so they could come on home.

He was never a good looking man, but he promoted looks.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

On 3/25/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

You are allowed to type Sexual here.

Webbie won't faint.

Thanks for the info, Kitty. A while back it was not allowed. Webbie must be catching up with the times!

Super Contributor

On 3/25/2015 BlueCollarBabe said:

You are allowed to type Sexual here.

Webbie won't faint.

Thanks for the info, Kitty. A while back it was not allowed. Webbie must be catching up with the times!

High Five to Webbie!!

Super Contributor

Am I the only one who never believed the ""Girls Next Door"" really slept with him? I thought it was all for the show to infer that.

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 RainCityGirl said:

Am I the only one who never believed the "Girls Next Door" really slept with him? I thought it was all for the show to infer that.

I only thought, No way!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting how everyone is attacking and "ewwwwwwing" Hugh Hefner; yet, the women who willingly served him and his purposes which, of course, led to his successful Playboy Enterprise and great financial success, are not being attacked or "ewwwwed" in the same way?!

They all used each other for the same selfish and demeaning reasons and, don't let us forget, his daughter is also CEO of his empire!

So, while we are talking about degradation and contributing to life in more worthwhile ways, the "ewwwwwwwwws" go all the way around!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Super Contributor

If only ""slept with"" meant sleeping.

Honored Contributor

If only ""slept with"" meant sleeping.

Or to keep watch over him at night to make sure he was breathing or needed something..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee