Esteemed Contributor

How would you dress this up ?

Ok my friend makes these great benches out of fallen branches. It takes forever to make one. They are not really for sitting they are for ambience. So how should I style it? I was thinking solar string lights? Maybe a seasonal wreath? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 472B71F5-16B4-4E77-AFCB-86EC3AA6993D.jpeg0686E0FF-9900-486B-B5CB-8EDDA346DFA2.jpegE9B2BE3B-E8DE-4BD1-AAFF-96D2DBD824C1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: How would you dress this up ?

[ Edited ]

@godi  That is so cute, your friend is very talented.

I like your idea of string lights or a wreath. Maybe a lightweight plant or lantern?

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Respected Contributor

Love the lantern idea. I would look for outdoor "books" and coffee/tea cup.  Make it something cozy.  Or definitely go with the planter/flower pot idea.

Respected Contributor

Maybe a couple outdoor pillows with a pot of seasonal flowers on the ground at the side?

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all who responded. Great ideas. ❤️

Respected Contributor

I have these cute outdoor bunnies from Plow & Hearth.  And I believe books also.  Go through their website, or even here on Q, for ideas.  There is so much you can do with that bench.  It will be fun to change it for the seasons/holidays.

Respected Contributor

Right off the top of my head I don't think I would do the string lights...just doesn't seem to vibe with the bench. As others said a very large outdoor lantern beside would be nice if you wanted light with the bench. A cheap but cute throw that could be left outside might look good draped on one side with a seasonal pillow on the other side. I will think some more on it but it sure is a lovely piece.

Honored Contributor

I like it just the way it is -- no embellishing needed.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I like the potted plant(s) idea next to it on the ground.  I don’t think I would put something on it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would surround the bench with large pots of flowers in front of a line of hosta with beautiful leaves.

I would put an antique weathered table in front of the bench where you could have some pretty citronella candles in a grouping of a small, low basket.  Two 20 x 20 inch floral pillows on the bench.

Chilled white zin waiting to complete the look!