Respected Contributor

Re: How to Find a Phone Number

[ Edited ]

One of the biggest reasons you can't find numbers is that so many people have given up their land lines and gone to cell phones, which aren't currently listed in anything like the White Pages.  Perhaps there is a way to find someone's cell number, but I don't know what that is.

Respected Contributor

no way so far to find a cell number.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your suggestions, but none seem to work.  Each one takes you to sites that go through the backgriound checks for money.  I haven't tried information yet, not sure it still exists.  I have the name, city and state and see all relations, etc. but cannot get just a phone number.  It could be they do not have a landline.  I have no idea if they have an unlisted number.  My friend was traveling and going to stop to see them along her route.  I am just concerned because I have not heard from and she was supposed to call.  Guess I'll see if mutual friends may know.  What a hassle just for a phone number.

Respected Contributor

Do you have this person's address?  How about mailing them a note saying you are trying to contact them?  It is possible they have an unlisted phone number or just a cell phone.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

why don't you try calling:

1800FREE411

they give you free information for residential & commercial calling.

i hope they can help you. 

Super Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions, but none seem to work.  Each one takes you to sites that go through the backgriound checks for money.  I haven't tried information yet, not sure it still exists.  I have the name, city and state and see all relations, etc. but cannot get just a phone number.  It could be they do not have a landline.  I have no idea if they have an unlisted number.  My friend was traveling and going to stop to see them along her route.  I am just concerned because I have not heard from and she was supposed to call.  Guess I'll see if mutual friends may know.  What a hassle just for a phone number.

As a former Information operator, you could call 411 (directory assistance) and get "unlisted" phone numbers. They just aren't printed in customer, aka public phonebooks. NONpublished  phone numbers is what most people confuse it with, absolutely NOT available from the phone company. If whom you are looking for doesn't have a landline, and only a cell phone, nothing as far as I know is available for those numbers. Things may have changed since I retired, who knows. Lol!

Super Contributor

When I was working there was a website called switchboard.com.    you were able to do a reverse phone number using name city state etc.  I just checked and it was still operational