Honored Contributor

Re: How organized are you?

I am organized in MY OWN WAY.  That is all I can say.  Bills get paid....house gets cleaned...things get fixed. But my methods are just that. Mine and not like a structured plan of action could write down for some one else.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@free2be wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

I’ve been strongly influenced by The SLOB sisters Card System.

In a nutshell:

Assign a task for every day & rotate the cards every week/month/qtr.

Every morning pull your cards.

i.e...every Wednesday I gas up my SUV. I could have a 3/4 or 1/4 tank.

I fill up regardless. 

i.e..every Thursday I dust surfaces. I don’t vacuum, windex or sweep..I just dust surfaces.

i.e..On Friday I’ll sweep, etc.

Just a little bit every day. 

For this focused program, other than the practical application,

it really became a ‘lifesaver’ for me. Back in the early 1990s,

I was in a really dark place & this silly card thing gave me

focus every day.  I can’t recommend it enough. 

That is a very good program.  I still have my box of cards I've used for 4 houses that needs revamping to fit the current house but I haven't used it consistently.  It works better for me than the Fly Lady system.  I'd like to find a way to merge the two, they both have positive aspects.  Just reading this makes me want to get back into my cards that are in the junk drawer in the kitchen waiting for me.  LOL

I had the book and used the cards, too, way back when the sons were at home.  I should go back to that system.

I do like some of FlyLady’s techniques though but don’t give her your email address — lol.

Society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. ~Greek proverb~
Honored Contributor

@three cees wrote:

20190806_155453.jpg

My stockpile of goodies.

Oh, my, @three cees!  I hope you are a very young woman to use up all of your supplies🙂

Society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. ~Greek proverb~
Honored Contributor

All I see is a huge carbon footprint w/ all those paper towels

and plastic bottles. 

Respected Contributor

@MJ12 wrote:

@three cees!  I thought that was a photo of a store!  That is your supply pantry?  Well done!

Amazing isn't it?  It would satisfy my convoluted logic that if the product is purchased, the house will be clean.  This supply would allow me to sit back and put my feet up for a good while.  LOL

Respected Contributor

To a fault, sometimes.   

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@three cees wrote:

20190806_155453.jpg

My stockpile of goodies.

Oh, my, @three cees!  I hope you are a very young woman to use up all of your supplies🙂

Goodness! I would not use up all that laundry detergent in my lifetime!  🙂

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I am a fanatic about my calendar and to-do list.  The best method for me is a planner about 5X8 inches that has both monthly and weekly formats.  I need it to fit in my purse. The one I am using now is from Blue Sky.  When open, the weekly pages have the calendar on the left side and a to-do list on the right.  I want it all in one place and this does it for me.  It also has pages for notes in the back and I keep lists there of books to read, etc.  

I thought I would be done with to-do lists when I retired, but quickly found that was not the case.  

Valued Contributor

@three cees wrote:

20190806_155453.jpg

My stockpile of goodies.

Wow!  Do you live in the wilderness?

Super Contributor

@three cees   so funny.  That Was my beauty stash two years ago. (Ok not really, but you get the idea). But due to the posts here mine is much, much less two years later.  At least your stash is VERY organized.  As for house stuff, I may have some multiples but not that many of anything. Yes, maybe two or three of anything.  I may need to hire you.