Respected Contributor

I'm not a crier....I don't cry......in fact the first and only time one of my sons saw me cry (a new puppy we had just brought home came down with Parvo, three days after we had brought it home and died on the way to the vets) he freaked out........I couldn't tell the vet tech what happened.......I got as far as...we just brought her home two days ago and lost it........all I could do is sob, he had to finish for me........but it freaked him out, mom was crying..............................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor
On 4/5/2015 susan19 said: I never cry not in years.Till March 3rd my golden retriever Erica died. I have cried every day for a month. I miss her so much!! She would have been 10 on may 24th. She was with me every day of her life. So loney without her.

it took me a year to not cry whenever I thought of my GSD Gretta........while we were out shopping someone broke in and she did what she always did.........protected our home and us........they stabbed her to death........she had a litter of 8 day old pups, nine of them, at the time.......but I took care of "hers" like she took care of "mine".....................................raven

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/25/2015 baker said:

I cry more than I ever did , but I think that's because I'm a senior citizen and I am starting to experience loss. I think it's good to cry and get the emotions out of your system, who needs a heart attack or stroke.LOL

I'm the exact opposite; I cried when I was young because I experienced loss then.

Contributor
Raven- blackbird That is so sad that they killed your fur baby Gretta .People are so mean. Glad you took care of her 9 baby's. Sorry for your loss take care.
Regular Contributor
On 3/25/2015 Alley Catvocate said:

I was NEVER a crier (not even at my moms funeral but that was probably denial)..

In the past couple years and the closer I get to Peri I am much more emotional...

Stella- my dad used to say "If you are going to cry i will give you something more to cry about"...

I learned at a VERY young age to keep a stiff upper lip...

ME too! I didn't cry at my parent's funerals..in fact--I was able to speak at both. It seems to take me a very long time to get emotions out. I feel like I did cry, every night, for about a month after my Mom passed. During the stressful times--I feel extremely tough inside and can handle things...but in the night, where nobody can see..I'll sometimes break down. I wonder if this is what you do too?? And--I wonder if it was because my Dad said the same to us growing up??

Respected Contributor
On 4/6/2015 susan19 said: Raven- blackbird That is so sad that they killed your fur baby Gretta .People are so mean. Glad you took care of her 9 baby's. Sorry for your loss take care.

she was an AWESOME dog........they say that in life there is always ""that ONE dog"".......for me it was her.......................................raven

Contributor
Raven I know what you mean. Erica was mine too.
Respected Contributor
On 4/8/2015 susan19 said: Raven I know what you mean. Erica was mine too.

I'm glad you had the opportunity to have a relationship with ""that one dog"".......we're lucky most people don't get to..................................raven