Honored Contributor

Re: How much sleep do you require?

5 to 7............

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sleep? What is sleep?..lol.. I go up at 1 or 2 AM each night and lay there most times till 4- or 5 AM (sometimes later).. I get up at 11 (or a bit after sometimes). Ive had insomnia for 5 years and tried everything. I give up and just deal with it. Right now DH is on vacation so Ive been getting up earlier because we have been going out to do some things each day. Even though Im getting up earlier? I am still not tired earlier. SO I dont need much sleep is what Im saying lol. And I dont drink caffeine at all anymore. Because if I do drink a soda from 4 PM on, I dont sleep at all that night.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I HAVE to have my 8 HOURS of sleep every night or I am a bear or feel like I'm drunk the next morning.  Last night my 15 year old dog had diarrhea and was throwing up all night.  I was up changing her bedding and waiting for her to come back inside out of the rain.  I swear this morning I felt like I had a hangover from lack of sleep, I can't even think straight.  (Poor baby, she's still under the weather - I'm just giving her some broth and that's it today).  How much sleep do you require?

@hoosieroriginal  I am so sorry to ready about your furbaby.  Do you know what is wrong?  It is so hard when they are sick and totally get why you are feeling exhausted (drunk) this morning.  The broth idea is great (don't need me to tell you that).  Does she have a fever?  I always feel it is better not to suppress any of these symptoms, unless, of course, they get life threatening.  Saying a prayer for you and your babe.  Try to lay down and catch up on your rest.

BTW  I need 7 hours when I can get it.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I know this sounds unreal, but I have chronic fatigue syndrome...so 10 hours a night or I am walking around in a fog and groggy the next day. Even with 10 hours, sometimes I have to nap.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I HAVE to have my 8 HOURS of sleep every night or I am a bear or feel like I'm drunk the next morning.  Last night my 15 year old dog had diarrhea and was throwing up all night.  I was up changing her bedding and waiting for her to come back inside out of the rain.  I swear this morning I felt like I had a hangover from lack of sleep, I can't even think straight.  (Poor baby, she's still under the weather - I'm just giving her some broth and that's it today).  How much sleep do you require?

@hoosieroriginal  I am so sorry to ready about your furbaby.  Do you know what is wrong?  It is so hard when they are sick and totally get why you are feeling exhausted (drunk) this morning.  The broth idea is great (don't need me to tell you that).  Does she have a fever?  I always feel it is better not to suppress any of these symptoms, unless, of course, they get life threatening.  Saying a prayer for you and your babe.  Try to lay down and catch up on your rest.

BTW  I need 7 hours when I can get it.

@tends2dogs - Sedona is doing much better - think she had a little bug.  We all got a good nights sleep last night and she took an hour walk this morning.  She slept all day yesterday and when she would wake up that little white face just said "I feel punk mom".  Bless her little heart - she's an angel. 

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

I function best with seven hours, but my cat decides how much sleep I actually get. 

I nipped that in the bud eons ago w/an automatic feeder & waterer.

@MsiMac - I hear you - I had a cat years ago and had vertical blinds - that cat would come in the morning and rub up against those blinds - click, click, click and then run out the door - kept doing it until I would get up - if I closed the door - he would scratch on the door for an hour!  I can tell my dogs to lay down and they listen - cats don't.

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal...I'm glad Sedona is doing better. Smiley Happy  My other cat has the vertical blind thing going on. The fun never ends. Smiley Tongue

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

Since I've gotten older, not as much, maybe 5 hours.  

Respected Contributor

9 hours w/a minimum of 7 to be able to teach 5 classes.

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:
It has to be good sleep. I have to have a cool room and complete darkness and silence.

Exactly.

I am focusing on quality right now.  I have the cool and darkness covered.

This week I stopped all caffeine after noon and purchased orange glasses to block out the blue  computer light after dinner.

The glasses are not sexy, but we will see if it makes a difference in quality of sleep.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN