Respected Contributor

Re: How much sleep do you require?

@mimilucy wrote:

I need 9 hours. Can't always get it but that's the magic number for me. When the chirping birdies wake me up I sometimes have to close the window because I just must go back to sleep or I'll never make it without a nap! I used to feel embarrassed about needing so much sleep. Age has made me more sensible. 😊

@mimilucy - nothing more annoying than those darn chirping birds - I have to shut the window too - it starts at 6:30 am exactly!

Respected Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

Well, since I've been retired I get 10 to 11 hours of sleep and LOVE it!!!!!

@spent2much - when I first retired, I was sleeping in till 8:30 - now the dogs have me up at 7:00 am - ARGH!

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal I guess I'm lucky cuz hubby gets up with our Golden, lets her out and feeds her breakfast.  I can sleeeeeeeep (at last)!!!  Smiley Very Happy

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

I spent 12 years getting 5 hours a night.  Now, as the name suggests, I can easily sleep 10 (or more).

Respected Contributor

I function best with seven hours, but my cat decides how much sleep I actually get. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

I function best with seven hours, but my cat decides how much sleep I actually get. 

I nipped that in the bud eons ago w/an automatic feeder & waterer.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

I nipped that in the bud eons ago w/an automatic feeder & waterer.

@Mz iMac....he has food and water. He has a thing about the full moon or if he hears noises outside that scare him. He will come wake me up, then wants to be held. He is a spoiled Mama's boy. What can I say. Smiley Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

I spent 12 years getting 5 hours a night.  Now, as the name suggests, I can easily sleep 10 (or more).

I've always been a night owl.  In my youth, I was like you, @VanSleepy.  I could easily function on 4 or 5 hours.  Now that I am retired Senior, ten or more hours is what it takes for me to get through the day.  

I've also noticed it takes more time and coffee in the morning for me to 'come to.'  I used to be able to be up and ready for work or an appointment inside an hour. It now takes at least two. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

I make the ultimate sacrifice.  I have cats.  Sleep?  Who needs stinking sleep??  Ugh.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

I can relate!  Should change my name to SepSleepy.

When I spend a weekend with one of my kids, I'm reminded of how much energy I used to have, and how late I would stay up!  They want to go out for dinner at 7:30/8:00.