Honored Contributor

Re: How much sleep do you require?

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I can survive with 5 or 6 hours.  I usually go to bed between 10 - 11 pm and get up at 5:30 a.m. but that doesn't mean I slept the whole night. I am a light sleeper so if I wake up it is difficult for me to go back to sleep. As I get older it is more difficult for me to get by on so little sleep.  I am over 50 now, and when I am really tired I forget things more than I used to, and I also think it makes me more susceptible to illnesses.

It's hard for me to get back to sleep too (if I'm awoken).  I like 6.5 to 7 hours a night, but I can easily do with 6.  I usually get 6 to 6.5 hours of sleep a night, but I'm always getting up to go to the bathroom.  I think it's harder to sleep the older I get.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I have been on chemo therapy for close to 1 1/2 years now......and since I've been on that I require a lot more sleep......

But before the chemo entered my life, I usually only needed 7 hours of sleep.....with waking up one time during the night to use the bathroom.  But all of that has changed......  When I was working I would see that I got at least 8 hours every night to be worth anything on the job the next morning.  And also had to have some breakfast before leaving home for work. 

Honored Contributor

I need more sleep during the winter months and less during the summer.

Respected Contributor

My body requires 8 but only gives me about 6...I can function on 6 most of the time, but still feel tired a lot.  Just got a diabetic diagnosis, it's really doing a number in me physically.  Checking glucose & taking 2000mg of metmorfin...waiting to attend a class on diabetes.🍦

Respected Contributor

just wanted to say the ice cream cone at end of my blog was an error...can't autocorrect on my iPad!  I saw tons of posts about that & hope they do something about it.  The emoji I was looking for was🎭 ... Meaning sad that I'm diabetic, glad I can seek help and information.