Honored Contributor

Re: How many items a week do you iron?

I iron 2-3 items a week. This is for attending church. Just want to make sure my clothes are crisp. They are so compacted in my closet i need to make sure they are not wrinkled

Valued Contributor

I'm not even sure where my iron is. It's been decades since I've used it. I immediately take things out of the dryer and hang/fold it. On the rare occasion things are wrinkled, I lightly mist them with water, or throw a damp hand towel in the dryer with them, for a few minutes, and voila! wrinkle free.
Honored Contributor

Since my hands have gotten hurtier I SPRAY with I scented wrinkle releaser. Works fine.

Respected Contributor

I think the hardest part of ironing is setting up the 'equipment' like previously mentioned.  When I recently moved I discarded my old iron AND ironing board, but once I got relocated I went to WalMart and bought a cheapo ironing board (works fine - regular size) and ordered a $50 Rowenta from QVC. 

I find the actual act of ironing kind of relaxing.  There is nothing like the crispness of an ironed cotton or linen shirt.  For me an iron is a must have.  Not that I iron often, I do wait until I have a couple of things to iron - summertime mostly - cotton shorts, blouses.  I don't iron my tees but have thought maybe I should.  Not that they are that wrinkled they just look sort of rumply, not like new. 

Can't believe how many people don't iron or even own an iron.  My mother taught me how to iron by starting to iron pillow cases.  And then I progressed so I've been ironing for way too many years to stop now. 

I have a steamer too, but I think I dislike using that more than ironing.  Just doesn't work as well but it does have its place in the laundry world.  I may get some of those tennis ball thingees to throw in the dryer.  Walmart has some cheapos of those too.  I can't imagine there would be that much difference between those and a pricier name brand.  Would there?  Cat Indifferent

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I don’t even remember the last time I ironed.

I do still have my iron though, just in case I guess.

In case of what, I don’t know though now that I think about it.....

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

Between 2 and 5

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I detest ironing.  I folded up my ironing board and haven't used it in a couple of years now.

I steam a few things and use Mrs. Myers Wrinkle Releaser, or take things to the cleaners to be professionally pressed. 

I do put my clothes in the dryer for a few minutes and then hang to dry.  My clothes hardly have any wrinkles.

Honored Contributor

I really don't iron anymore but I am on a first name basis with our dry cleaner.

Contributor

Only iron when on vacation and using the hotel iron.  At home  I steam, however only about once or twice a week.  My clothes comes straight out of the dryer and onto hangers.

Respected Contributor

My ironing is more a couple of times a summer.   I have 2-3 tops that I'll iron but that's it.   Fortunately, I don't mind ironing.   It's setting up the ironing board and putting it away that I don't like.