Re: How many items a week do you iron?

I’ll bet Martha Stewart has ironing instructions on her website 😉

Respected Contributor

Seriously? No time or need for that! Thank goodness- 🤣

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I think my iron is buried somewhere in the towels and blankets on shelves above my washer/dryer. Not sure though - it's been a couple of years since I last saw it.

I'm with you!

When I moved 2 years ago, I found an iron that I had forgotten I had, buried in the back of a linen closet.  And an ironing board too, which was under a bed.  I didn't take either of them with me.

I haven't ironed in years.  I have a great steamer, and that's all I need.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Zero.  I can't tell you when I last used that iron.  I find that my cotton button down shirts don't even need ironing if I take them out of the dryer, smooth them with my hands and then hang them in the closet.  Modern fabrics just don't require ironing.  

I have found that to be the case too.  I remember when lots of things needed to be ironed, and now nearly everything looks good without doing anything - or at most, a quick steam.

Honored Contributor

Seldom iron.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Do you think putting a wet garment on a hanger to dry ,clauses less wrinkles than putting it in the dryer?

I have tried both ,and can't see much difference

I hang-dry a lot of clothing items, especially tops.  I pretty much never have wrinkles.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Never iron anymore  unless I have pants or a Top that requires ironing to freshen  it up from being in the closet too long....or after washing. But maybe only once a year now, now that I am retired.

When  I was working, I would touch up garments almost daily so I looked nice at work....

Nothing worse than someone who is a wrinkled mess ....and/or .....has food stains on their top😳👎

I call them a SLOB. But only in my head!😄

I agree - It makes a terrible impression.  I am very much aware of wrinkles and food stains on my own clothing and on the clothing of others.  Even if I'm home by myself, I can't wear anything wrinkled or with any kind of stain.  It bothers me too much.

Honored Contributor

I wear a lot of natural fabrics such as linen and cotton that all need ironing. I send out all of my shirts with my husband's and anything linen, I send out in the summer months. I do iron some capri pants made of polyester and cotton. My winter pants all go to the cleaners...even my jeans. They do a good job and it saves me a lot of work.

There is nothing nicer than a freshly ironed cotton shirt in the summer.... I still have my iron set up to go in our laundry room. I guess I am a dinosaur when it comes to using an iron....

Honored Contributor

Absolutely no ironing done here!

Honored Contributor

Growing up, I remember my Mom doing loads of laundry....she ironed all the time and  she even ironed  my Fathers  boxer underwear.