Trusted Contributor

Re: How is your weather today?

Was 33 degrees when I got up and 65 now at 11:30. 

North Idaho

Respected Contributor

Sunny and 103 here in Las Vegas.

Trusted Contributor

San Diego @ 1120

Sunny, 72 F, 67% humidity. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee @Kachina624 Durango is very bad.  We have evacuees staying at our house.  Thousands have been evacuated...but...as I write this with almost 23000 acres burned...they haven't lost one structure.  The firefighters have been awesome.  

That said its nice to have visitors staying at our house for a month ...and have their camper...and vehicles parked in our driveway as we are in Pennsylvania on our way to Maine for two weeks...so good that they have a place to stay.IMG_0556.PNG

ill try to post a few pics....

Trusted Contributor

1. IMG_0557.PNG
Respected Contributor

88 and partly sunny right now. Not too bad out, DH and I just finished mowing our yard. Ready for a swim in our pool. Summertime and the livin' is easy----well sort of.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 Some of the planes are refueling in Durango at our airport but not sure about the biggest one..I've been gone for a few days...it was very smokey when we left but now it's hazardous....so glad that we left town when we did....DW

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's good that you are not near that area and have to breath in all of that smoke @dancingwoman. I'm glad that you have someone in your house while you're away. I hope the firefighters can get the situation under control and we need rain to help them through this! Enjoy your time away.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee Where our house is situated it gets intense smoke in the evenings...thru the night...then the mornings....at least that's how it was before we left.  Our friends are hoping the fire fighters will let them return to their house by the first of July.  That's when we come back but of course they can stay longer if they need to...

@Kachina624 is right about the tourist dollars...I feel especially sorry for Silverton.  The train brought them their business....and it looks like maybe the train took it away...really....how much sense does it take NOT to run a coal powered train in a severe drought.  They do have a few Diesel engines but it's not as profitable for the train to run those.  

I get updated thru the day...seems today was better and it's 15% contained...the sad thing is the summer has a lot of time left...but hopefully the monsoons will come....DW

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman there's been some reports about a man who reported seeing smoke shortly after a coal-fired train passed by his house. He reported his story to the Durango Herald on June 1. But officials have not confirmed it yet. I can absolutely understand why coal trains will need to be halted indefinitely until this danger subsides.