Honored Contributor

Re: How do you report stuff?

@Oznell,I let the moderators do their job, and for me, before I read some responses, I see who has posted.  Mentally, I have ignored some now, I refuse to read their opinions on anything.  I skip whatever they say on any subject.  It's more work now that we have lost the "ignore" button, but it can be done.  Then you are totally hands off on anything that happens to another's thread.  We can just choose to ignore them, and I do. 

Honored Contributor

My cnn thread  was simply because ,i was watching Irma ,and that is the channel i was watching, it had nothing to do with  polical/controversial anything, amazing how people jump to thinking it was.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

I've never reported anything before-- how does one go about it.  I looked at suggestion box, that didn't seem appropriate!

@Oznell

If you dont want to report the thread and just the content of one post, then use the REPORT INAPPROPRIATE button and it will bring up a blank area where you can write your concerns.  There was a poster writing really vulgar things and I DO mean vulgar and I did report her...normally I don't use that button but that person was an exception.  But watch out if you report a lot of people or a lot of posts I was told you can be put in "time out" for abusing the Report Inappropriate button....that is what I warned abut....Good Luck! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

I was just told how to report something, "report Inappropriate".   But I don't want to disturb anyone's fun enjoying the CNN thread.  Just because I don't agree, I don't want to shut it down.  So how do I report what I believe are unjust but successful attempts on the part of some posters to shut speech down?  There is a little group that seems to haunt my threads, with "accusations",  hoping to snuff out speech.

Oh dear. 

@Oznell,  The fact that we report a post or thread doesn't mean it will be removed or deemed inappropriate by the QVC Social Team.   We, individually, don't have the power to have threads or posts removed -- that's up to the moderators.   eta:  In all fairness, I haven't seen any evidence that anyone here is trying to shut speech down.    

@dooBdoo @Oznell

Your right dooBdoo....its up to the mods and sometimes there is an inconsistency. The same situation Oznell spoke of just happened in Q Talk we were having a nice discussion on a topic everything was within the guidelines and even though a few disagreed, we were respective of each others opinions, but one person started attacking another and the other person fought back, and everyone ignored them but the Mods shut down the whole thing......Woman Frustrated  And that same person does it over and over again...its a shame! Woman Sad they are violating the rules and that person is a troublemaker and thread killer and should be placed in time out---JMHO! But what can we do....Q's board, Q's administers and we just have to move on.....although its very frustrating.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

goldensrbest wrote:

My cnn thread  was simply because ,i was watching Irma ,and that is the channel i was watching, it had nothing to do with  polical/controversial anything, amazing how people jump to thinking it was.

I agree with you, @goldensrbest.   The actual topic of your thread about a reporter out in the hurricane's dangerous wind and rain was in the original post, and the discussion was an interesting one about the way all the networks and agencies report on major storms.   It wasn't political or controversial, as far as I can see.  I think it might've helped if the subject line were more specific rather than just "cnn," so it wouldn't seem that the thread was a conversation solely about the network itself (I want to stress the fact that I'm not criticizing the title, just making a general comment).  

It's interesting that there's another hurricane thread title starting with something like "I was watching Fox" and I don't see any criticisms, angst, or concern about that one.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

I was just told how to report something, "report Inappropriate".   But I don't want to disturb anyone's fun enjoying the CNN thread.  Just because I don't agree, I don't want to shut it down.  So how do I report what I believe are unjust but successful attempts on the part of some posters to shut speech down?  There is a little group that seems to haunt my threads, with "accusations",  hoping to snuff out speech.

Oh dear. 

@Oznell,  The fact that we report a post or thread doesn't mean it will be removed or deemed inappropriate by the QVC Social Team.   We, individually, don't have the power to have threads or posts removed -- that's up to the moderators.   eta:  In all fairness, I haven't seen any evidence that anyone here is trying to shut speech down.     

@dooBdoo @Oznell

Your right dooBdoo....its up to the mods and sometimes there is an inconsistency. The same situation Oznell spoke of just happened in Q Talk we were having a nice discussion on a topic everything was within the guidelines and even though a few disagreed, we were respective of each others opinions, but one person started attacking another and the other person fought back, and everyone ignored them but the Mods shut down the whole thing......Woman Frustrated  And that same person does it over and over again...its a shame! Woman Sad they are violating the rules and that person is a troublemaker and thread killer and should be placed in time out---JMHO! But what can we do....Q's board, Q's administers and we just have to move on.....although its very frustrating.

Hi, @Spurt!   I agree about the inconsistency and that it really does seem, sometimes, that one or more posters appear to intentionally derail a thread.   Or, in some cases, they can't seem to resist the temptation to engage in personal bickering or right-fighting and they're oblivious of the damaging effect on the entire thread.   By the same token, there's a pattern of bait threads, and those seem to be allowed to persist even though they're disruptive.

I've said before I wish the moderators would keep note of patterns, and at least temporarily time-out the individuals who are repeat offenders -- but many of us have expressed the same wish and nothing has changed.   Yet we see posters occasionally mention they had a time-out for something simple, rather innocuous, like a one-time posting of a coupon code, TSV item number, link to a retail site, etc.   

I understand, though, that we don't know what the moderators have been instructed to do, and we don't know all the other duties they're tasked to perform.   i didn't see the Q Talk thread you reference, so I don't know what or who was involved there.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Ignore it.  Who cares?

Hyacinth

How odd. You didn't ignore it, you posted in this "ignorable" thread. So you cared enough to post, right?

@Moonchilde  She is referring to posts deemed inappropriate, not the thread.

I agree with her-who cares who posts something deemed inappropriate?  Ignore it and move on.  There will always be posters who stir the pot or obviously try to take down a thread-that was @hyacinth003 what she was saying.

Your post is typical of not passing by what YOU deemed "odd" and still responded yourself.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I missed today's thread or threads but there's definitely a pattern, @Moonchilde.  A number of the previous threads have been in tv/movies.

@tansy  This is true.  And some were duplicated here-just in case one misses them in TV/Movies.

That's when you know it's not about having a discussion but trying to bypass standards and stirring up controversy.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

Oh dear. 

Is there another CNN thread that I missed?  The only one I saw is about the meteorologists reports and the hunky weather men.  We may snip at each other here and there, but I see no attempt to shut down free speech.

If it's another thread, please point me in the right direction. 

@RoughDraft  @Oznell

I also went to the CNN thread and can't find any evidence of what she is claiming.  

Further, Oznell never even posted in that thread, so he/she wasn't even involved in the conversation!   What's up with THAT, Oznell?   Your starting this thread seems like you are deliberately trying to stir the pot.   I don't get why you're so concerned about a non-problem.

Respected Contributor

Why do people even bother or attempt to post anything political here? There are plenty of places to argue about that. Maybe sometimes people just want everyone to hear their opinion. If people would talk about something else the world would be a better place. Clearly some people feed of the negative and the drama. Why people wanna wallow in that is beyond me.