Honored Contributor

Re: How do you report stuff?

[ Edited ]

Oznell wrote:

I was just told how to report something, "report Inappropriate".   But I don't want to disturb anyone's fun enjoying the CNN thread.  Just because I don't agree, I don't want to shut it down.  So how do I report what I believe are unjust but successful attempts on the part of some posters to shut speech down?  There is a little group that seems to haunt my threads, with "accusations",  hoping to snuff out speech.

Oh dear. 

@Oznell,  The fact that we report a post or thread doesn't mean it will be removed or deemed inappropriate by the QVC Social Team.   We, individually, don't have the power to have threads or posts removed -- that's up to the moderators.   eta:  In all fairness, I haven't seen any evidence that anyone here is trying to shut speech down.    

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, dooBdoo, I appreciate that.  But I feel strongly that I don't even want to register complaints (unless it was horrible, or profane or something) on other people's threads.  There is plenty expressed on these boards that is highly controversial to me and many others, but it doesn't hurt me for them to have it.

Many people find CNN's turn to partisanship to be distressing.  And believe it or not, "controversial".   But that is no reason to shut something down.   I have noticed over time, that there are some on the boards who repeatedly visit threads they don't like, and try to get them shut down, and try to silence the poster.  Things are said that in my opinion are unkind, and even defamatory at times to me, to other people as well.

Not good, in my opinion. 

Respected Contributor

The mods allow a person to use the report button as a chat button?  I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday, yep that's right.  

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Thanks, dooBdoo, I appreciate that.  But I feel strongly that I don't even want to register complaints (unless it was horrible, or profane or something) on other people's threads.  There is plenty expressed on these boards that is highly controversial to me and many others, but if doesn't hurt me for them to have it.

Many people find CNN's turn to partisanship to be distressing.  And believe it or not, "controversial".   But that is no reason to shut something down.   I have noticed over time, that there are some on the boards who repeatedly visit threads they don't like, and try to get them shut down, and try to silence the poster.  Things are said that in my opinion are unkind, and even defamatory at times to me, to other people as well.

Not good, in my opinion. 

SMH 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

I was just told how to report something, "report Inappropriate".   But I don't want to disturb anyone's fun enjoying the CNN thread.  Just because I don't agree, I don't want to shut it down.  So how do I report what I believe are unjust but successful attempts on the part of some posters to shut speech down?  There is a little group that seems to haunt my threads, with "accusations",  hoping to snuff out speech.

Oh dear. 

@Oznell

Why would you need to be told how to report  something?  It's there big as life every time you post.

Respected Contributor

@truffle wrote:

The mods allow a person to use the report button as a chat button?  I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday, yep that's right.  

Yes, you can send a message to the mods.   They can only  reply to you by email though.  

Honored Contributor

But now that I know how to contact the mods directly, I've said to them what essentially I said here.  NOT to try to shut down threads that I disagree with.

Honored Contributor

This repeated pattern of posts is very passive aggressive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One's personalg opinion of a news site does not make a controversial thread. The CNN thread is/was humorous to a degree. Chris Cuomo just happens to be a  hunk, no politics or agendas unlike...........

Apple's and oranges!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

This thread is a perfect example of one that breaches the Standards. It is a transparent attempt to restart a discussion; in fact, it is the second thread by this poster intended to rehash the reasons for the very first thread to be deleted.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland