Honored Contributor

Re: How do you read daily posts?

Only what interests me.   There are many forums here that I have never visited.   

Honored Contributor

Once a day, I go to individual forums, starting from the bottom ("Customer Care") and skipping over topics like Mom to Mom, Pet Lovers and things that don't relate to me.

Throughout the day I will look at specific forums for threads I'm following/posting on.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

A. Do you read posts according to titles that interest you?

B. Do you read posts from familiar posters? 

C. Specific Forums only. If so, which ones?

A.   Yes, I generally read threads with titles that interest me.   I'm not a big fan of "teaser titles," since I think it's helpful for the readers to have an idea of the actual topic, and often I don't open the "teasers."

B.   Sometimes I read threads from familiar posters, but in general like to see what everyone has to say.   We have so many new posters, I don't want them to feel their threads are less important, and we never know when we might make a new friend!

C.   Not really specific forums, because I think we miss out on getting to know some of the bright, interesting, and really lovely people by limiting ourselves to one or just a scant few sub-forums.   I tend to click on "Forums" or "View All Forum Topics" and then later I browse a variety of sub-forums.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I look at them by the title that interests me  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

A, but if nothing interests me, Fashion is my go-to forum, followed by Community Chat, Among Friends, and Wellness.  I read others, but these are my favorites.

Respected Contributor

Today I first read your thread because I wondered why you asked.

Today, I've only caught up on recent added posts in threads I'd read yesterday.  I don't read most threads because I'm old and I don't have enough time.

I don't read threads where the title isn't clear about the content.

I don't read threads that are sad in content.

I'll usually click into threads that are sharing important beneficial information.

I'll usually click into threads that are about social or human behavior or concerns that aren't personal or petty complaints.

Esteemed Contributor

@Free2beand All Others:  

Thanks for your responses. No specific reason for asking. We don't seem to have the drama or so many threads deleted lately. It's a nicer place to visit with everyone.

Wondered if people are reading differently or if posters are being more cautious in what they write.

Greetings to all for a MERRY CHRISTMAS or HAPPY HOLIDAY from my house to yours!!  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

Community Chat, Q Talk, Fashion (in that order). Topics that interest me, and yes, some posters draw me into their posts more than others; either because I respect the poster or I know it's time to buckle up and enjoy the ride!
Honored Contributor

The order I read is C, B, A

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Free2beand All Others:  

Thanks for your responses. No specific reason for asking. We don't seem to have the drama or so many threads deleted lately. It's a nicer place to visit with everyone.

Wondered if people are reading differently or if posters are being more cautious in what they write.

Greetings to all for a MERRY CHRISTMAS or HAPPY HOLIDAY from my house to yours!!  

Now that you mention it, how about that!  Maybe because the year is winding down, people are either busy or tired, or even exhausted from turmoil and conflict.

Looking forward to 2019 with more connecting about what we can agree on.