Respected Contributor

Re: How do you make your tuna sandwhich?

just with Hellman's and a little bit of celery and onion. I have to eat it on crackers, I can't do it on bread for some reason.

Super Contributor

When I make it, I make enough for several days. It's good the second day as breakfast.

water packed tuna, celery, onions, mayo, dill pickle relish, sometimes pecans, always an APPLE cut up. Sweet and savory is good. Then, put Lay's potato chips INSIDE the sandwich as a layer. On toasted bread.

Super Contributor

A teaspoon of mayo combined with celery and some pickle juice. When I want to splurge and add some carbohydrate, I chop up some grapes. I eat it on a small bed of lettuce....

Honored Contributor

I don't really eat tuna sandwiches, but I do make a pasta dish with tuna. It's very light and fresh...

Respected Contributor

Just a little mayo and possibly chopped celery if I have some in the fridge. It must be white albacore tuna, not that nasty dark cat food tuna. This is how it's made in the NYC metro area and what I'm accustomed to.

Then I moved to the midwest when I was 25 and I was horrified to see tuna mixed with a hideously sweet pickle relish and eggs as well. Ick, I cannot eat it that way.

Respected Contributor

Not really a tuna sandwich fan,but I will have it occasionally.

When I do, it has to be all white tuna, Best Foods light mayo, a little salt and pepper. Usually on whole grain bread or one of my favorite potato rolls.

I'm a purist..I usually don't like a lot of "stuff" in my food. Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

Tuna mixed with mayo, chopped apples, and chopped pecans, with lettuce and rye bread.

Smile

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

Best Foods Mayonnaise, dill pickles, tomato slices, lettuce on white bread!

Respected Contributor

Tuna, mayo, pickle relish, chopped onion, just a tad of lemon juice, and if I am in the mood....diced hard boiled eggs.

And while I do like tuna salad sandwiches, I love tuna stuffed tomatoes during the summer.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

On 5/31/2014 pitdakota said:

Tuna, mayo, pickle relish, chopped onion, just a tad of lemon juice, and if I am in the mood....diced hard boiled eggs.

And while I do like tuna salad sandwiches, I love tuna stuffed tomatoes during the summer.

Your lemon juice reminded me that I always add just a bit of vinegar to the tuna, too.

What worries you masters you.