Respected Contributor

Re: How do you know when...d

I believe that we become 'the little old lady' or man when health issues start taking their toll. When you are younger you bounce back more easily from health set backs - not so much as you age.
Respected Contributor

Re: How do you know when...

[ Edited ]

I feel like I am in the early phases of old lady phase. I keep myself up but I live a quiet life.I think I always was a little bit. I am okay with it though. I never was the wild and crazy type. I am happy to go to bed at 10 or earlier lol! 

Honored Contributor
@Cookie06: Don't get discouraged! Just use the "blur" feature on one of the photo-editing apps. I think most of us do!... Also, experiment with all different kinds of lighting. I find with some l look 10 years older, but with others, 10 years younger!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Depends on the person.  Some folks throw in the towel early and others go down with a fight. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Oddly, "little old lady" has nothing to do with age, IMO.  You can be old at 62 and young at 80.  It depends on your health, not your age. 

If they live long enough, every woman will become a little old lady at some point.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor
gmkb wrote: "I believe that we become 'the little old lady' or man when health issues start taking their toll. When you are younger you bounce back more easily from health set backs - not so much as you age."

I agree. Our minds might always be any age, but our bodies often do not cooperate, and it's not like we have total control over that. We are sometimes forced to adopt and/or adapt with changes in lifestyle or fashion that we would not choose - if we had a choice - and some of those changes may be branded as "old lady" by some. But that kind of "some people" don't matter to me at all, and I couldn't care less how they view me. I know myself, and those close to me know the real me - that's the only thing that counts with me.

Hey, there's a "LoL" attribute for real - most of us, if we ever did care what strangers or casual acquaintances thought, don't care any more, we've stopped trying to impress the world or be led by it.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Depends on the person.  Some folks throw in the towel early and others go down with a fight. 

What you wrote reminded me of a quote some politician made about Theodore Roosevelt....."Death had to take him sleeping, for if Roosevelt had been awake there would have been a fight".

Honored Contributor

I am 66 and retired. We moved to a Florida retirement community 5 years ago and I can definitely see the difference between those who think of themselves as old and some who still think of themselves as middle aged. I am still in the middle age group despite some health issues. However, within the last year I have begun to really notice a huge change in my DH - he had a small stroke in Jan., no iesidual damage, but he has remarkably aged since then. It makes me so sad. I also noted recently that my Mom passed away at age 67 and I will be 67 in 6 months. She should have lived another 20 years, but some drunk driver took them away.

Valued Contributor

I'm 75 and I haven't shifted yet.
I'm hoping I never do. I still wear jeans and sweatshirts!

I have a second great grandchild coming soon, and I guess I should try acting old!

851586_168401103316268_350988642_n.png

That's how we roll in the shire..
Esteemed Contributor

@cah wrote:

I'm 75 and I haven't shifted yet.
I'm hoping I never do. I still wear jeans and sweatshirts!

I have a second great grandchild coming soon, and I guess I should try acting old!

851586_168401103316268_350988642_n.png

NO! NO!  Don't do it!  LOL!  Woohoo! Jumping animated emoticon