Occasional Contributor

How do you feel about buying uses clothes.

I think it is wonderful that QVC has a great return policy, but I dislike that some of the clothing items have been worn. I have heard the show hosts saying (we want you to wear the clothing even for 30 days and if you don't lie it return it), well the Q is not going to take a loss because (and this is true) there are quite a few people in the world that want a free wardrobe, i.e. wear it for almost 30 days and send it back, if you cannot tell that something is not right for you by just trying it on even a second time I don't know what to say, some actually many posters have mentioned a strange smell that is on the clothes they receive, me too, I think it is some kind of air disinfectant they use. Last night I opened some tops I ordered and there was that familiar stink about them, I will just wash them, also a few months back I bought a Louis winter jacket and when I got it I was surprised to see that it came in the regular white plastic bag instead of a box and when I took it out I said this has been worn it was wrinkled and the tack was taken out of the pleat in the back and the lining was a mess, I know for over $100 I should have sent it back but it is too much trouble so I just throw it on whenever, I appreciate the return policy but please do not tell people to wear the clothes if I wanted to pay for that I can go to the Salvation Army or Goodwill.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do you feel about buying uses clothes.

when I receive my items....I try them on....and if they don't fit they go back the same day or the next...I sure don't wear them for 30 days....but I am sure there are many that do...the least they could do is launder them....then it should go to one of the QVC outlets....not recycled back to us...

however, that said, I have gotten worn items....I check them out...if they are not ruined in some way...I launder and keep them...

I did receive a SG jacket that had been worn...and shrunk....I sent it back...

the hosts need to stop saying that when they send items out...they are not tried on by anyone else....like when we go to the malls...that simple is not true all the time....

Honored Contributor

Those items need to be sold at a reduced price and called ""as is"".

Honored Contributor

I've bought a lot of used clothing items over the years. Don't have a problem buying them for myself.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

The only time I can remember getting anything that appeared worn or washed was with as is. To some extent, I expect that.
Honored Contributor

Not really. I mean who's to say things from department stores haven't been returned? I know someone that worked at an upscale department store and she claims several customers returned things frequently and she knew they were worn.

Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2015 hckynut said:

I've bought a lot of used clothing items over the years. Don't have a problem buying them for myself.

Do you pay a new sticker price plus shipping for used clothing John? I sure wouldn't.
Honored Contributor

I've literally bought hundreds of clothing items over the years from QVC, and I've never received anything that appeared to have been worn. No wrinkles, Kleenex in the pocket or funky smells ever. If it happens, it must be very rare.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm sure some of the clothing I've order from the Q have at least been worn but they have been those on special sale. I didn't mind because the price was so good and I could wash them anyway. I used to buy my children's coats at Salvation Army, etc. when they were in elementary school and then had them dry cleaned .

Honored Contributor

No, I do not and would not pay new sticker price for used clothing.
hckynut(john)