Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do you Quote a Post?

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

I have asked the same question several times and emailed  the Q... still don't know how to post a quote!!

Got it .... thank you ladies for your clear directions!!!  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@mcall1020 wrote:

@fleetwood wrote:

When you hit "reply" the bolded word quote is on the top right above the reply box.

There it is!!! Thank you fleetwood

You are welcome. We have to help each other out as it looks like we are on our own here. LOL

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@sunala wrote:

Also, how do you "bold" the topic? I see everyone's topic is bold and mine is light. 

Thanks! 

A bolded topic in the topics list means the topic is unread. Any topic you start will not show up in bold because you wrote it and, presumably, read it.

Okay then, so if you look at the title of this topic, is it bolded or light? To me, it's light. Thanks ChynnaBlue!

If I look at it from where? This page? The Community Chat forum page? The Home page? How it appears will depend on where you're looking.

If you mean on this page, it does not appear bold to me, but it could appear bold if someone's personal settings are set to display X-Large font.

On the Community Chat forum page or the Home page, it will appear bold when any new posts are added so that you know the thread as unread  posts. (bold = new, unread posts). Once you read those posts, it will change to normal font until someone else adds a new post that you have not yet read.

Respected Contributor

I cannot find the quote function to save my freaking life on the iPad. I'm about to give this thing up. The Q obviously did not know what they were doing with this one. I'd rather go use Reddit!!!
Honored Contributor

The quote function doesn't work on the iPad. It doesn't show up for us to use it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Oh, well, how thoughtful of them!! Thanks, gidget!
Trusted Contributor

Gidget, sure doesn't work on my iPad. Out of all the boards I've been on, this redo is record setting in its stupidity.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Unfortunately, this forum doesn't support mobile devices.

We can't:
-) Quote
-) Format
-) Post pictures
-) Attach links

In the old HTML forum. I learned to adapt & I figured it out. But now....I'm stumped...just like everyone else on a mobile device.

Boo.
Honored Contributor

I'm using an IPad and I don't have any QUOTE button, smiley icons, hearts...oh well today's "FUN" over...off to bed! Good nite everyone thanks for all the posts to help us figure it out...
Regular Contributor

No