Trusted Contributor

Re: How do you Deal with Rejection?

Irshgrl3120 when I say I was precocious, I am referring to a post I made about how I would have never believed all my family would end up going through 15 years ago. KittyLouWhoTwo asked how old I was because she knew I was younger and wondered if I would have understood rejection 15 years ago. I was age 15 15 years ago and I would have indeed understood because I was precocious. Hope you understand now.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

@JBKO wrote:
Irshgrl3120 when I say I was precocious, I am referring to a post I made about how I would have never believed all my family would end up going through 15 years ago. KittyLouWhoTwo asked how old I was because she knew I was younger and wondered if I would have understood rejection 15 years ago. I was age 15 15 years ago and I would have indeed understood because I was precocious. Hope you understand now.

What I said was that at age 15 you could not understand the many ways that people experience rejection, NOT that you can't understand rejection at 15.  Big difference.

I understood rejection at age 15 in the way a 15 year old would understand it, not as an adult with a broader experience and understanding.

Respected Contributor

Precocious at 15 and immature at 30?   Doesn't make sense...

Respected Contributor

You can't let rejection get you down. I know that is easier said than done. Someone once told me that letting rejection bother you means that you have accepted that person's opinion of you...which is why you feel bad. I now let it slide off.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Thanks to my pragmatic British Mother, I deal with rejection well.  It's part of life and yes it hurts.  You take the time to deal with your feelings (but not too much time so you don't dwell)... brush yourself off, learn from it and carry on.  It's life and life is what it is, a myriad of experiences to learn from.

I had one experience of rejection so severe that I definitely learned from it and changed how I looked at this kind of situation from then on. Because of that change some very good things happened as a result.

It's life, take some time you need to grieve and then carry on with strength in your heart!    

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I am dealing with rejection and a wee bit of green eyed monster now but I'm dealing with it best I can.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee