Trusted Contributor

How do you Deal with Rejection?

I don't deal with it well. At all. I'm getting better but maybe you lol have some tips I can use. TIA
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

Re: How do you Deal with Rejection?

You just have to take things one day at a time. Is this about the guy with the ring?

Esteemed Contributor

I reject rejection. 

I am careful not to be in situations where I could be rejected.

Since @cherry mentioned a guy with a ring, you may be talking about one type of rejection.  I'm speaking of all rejection.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I use it to grow and move forward.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You win some, you lose some.  

Life has ups and downs.  I learned this as a child and I deal with it just fine.  I guess I have a hard shell, not much bothers me.

Honored Contributor

No matter where we are or go in life, we'll run across rejection in one form or another.   Tiny rejections, big rejections, and everything in-between.   Just stand tall, walk tall, and keep moving on, keep on moving.......

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I tell myself it may be for the best and if it was meant to be it would be. 

Of course, this is after I stew about it for a bit. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@JBKO have you considered an online dating service?.You will know the people on it are really interested in becoming involved with you, in a serious relationship

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me, it helped to learn to value myself, be confident in myself, even when others reject or disappoint me.   There might be times when I'm the only person I really can count on.   Rejection, disappointment...  not a great feeling, but it's unavoidable and it's something to accept, learn from, and then leave behind, and that's easier to do when you know you're perfectly fine on your own.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

@JBKO have you considered an online dating service?.You will know the people on it are really interested in becoming involved with you, in a serious relationship

If this is the issue, I would try online dating, too.  I know several people who met their husband/wife that way, including someone in my family.