Respected Contributor

Re: How did you spend your CHRISTMAS??

Bad weather & slippery roads ended up postponing our family Christmas dinner plans but that's ok since everyone is healthy. Spent my day shoveling, making a small meal for me & watching a little QVC, HSN, Keeping Up Appearances & Are You Being Served? The snow was really pretty & it was nice having a white Christmas for a change. HSN is live now but I'm going to get a cup of tea & watch Christmas Vacation.....love that movie. Feel better@KatCat1, wishing you a Happy New Year!

Respected Contributor

Today was strange. My family is dwendling, grandchildren are growing up and I no longer feel the need to be around people I don't enjoy. DH and I made obligatory appearances and came home early, took care of farm chores and had quiet evening at home. Faith based activities attended, but otherwise just waiting for the holiday season to end. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

We moved our Christmas dinner to Sunday because of the storms we got socked with on Saturday and today.

Spent Sunday morning plowing our long drive and yard from Saturday's storm while DH cooked the meal.  This afternoon was out again plowing after we got nearly a foot of snow today.  I was going to leave it till tomorrow morning but, good thing I didn't, as tonight we ended up taking one of our cats to the Animal Emergency Clinic!  Poor DH had already gone to bed and I woke him up.

Got home about an hour ago and I'm exhausted.  (He's going to be okay; but is on antibiotics and two other medicines.)  Why do these things always happen at night or on holidays?  Thank goodness for the emergency clinic.

Roll on the New Year!

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 hope you feel better soon. Take care, sounds like you should rest up and recoup. Sending wishes for a speedy recovery.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Wheatchick1  what a beautiful way to spend time with your mother.  Your story brought tears to my eyes and down my cheeks.  May your mother be in peace and God Bless you both.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

Hope you are better now! Rest up and get well!

We watched Christmas movies, listened to Christmas music on Pandora; ate burgers WITH fries.

Unfortunately, we received two calls regarding family members who passed away! 

That is quite an unexpected thing for us. I guess the holidays are known for this... loved ones passing. The relatives are out of state on DH’s side of the family. 💔

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope you feel better soon!

After a wonderful Christmas EVE evening with my kids, grand kids, son in law, and future daughter in law, I woke up Christmas morning sick and feeling like I was run over by a mack truck!

My husband went to his family (out of town) alone. He left early and was back by dark. I went back to bed until afternoon. I still don't feel well tonight.

PS) My daughter said son in law woke up feeling like he was run over by a truck too. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I was alone and didn't speak to a soul until my ex-DIL and my two grandsons called about 7pm.  It's always good of her to call but we really don't have much to say to each other.  I've been watching travelogues on Amazon Video.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Sorry to read you were sick, feel better soon!

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMTYz/z/A9oAAOSw~AVYm7Yt/$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Honored Contributor

Went shopping on Zulily

♥Surface of the Sun♥