Honored Contributor

Re: How did you spend your CHRISTMAS??

Just me and DH on Christmas Eve so we attended a church service and opened gifts.  Made something for his family's potluck on Christmas, but I had a sinus headache so DH visited his family while I napped. Then he picked me up and I joined them for an early supper. Home by 6:30. 

Seems like many of us didn't feel good, but we carry on as best as we can.

Honored Contributor

Cooking, cleaning and with family.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  Feel better soon.

Christmas Day was quiet.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1: so sorry to hear that you were ill on Christmas.

We had a White Christmas. A dusting of snow fell overnight as if by magic. Beautiful!

Opened gifts followed by a special brunch at home with DS. He is stationed abroad in the military. was there last Christmas and only home briefly last summer, so he was (is) my very best gift. Spent the afternoon and dinner with family at my sister's home. An enjoyable and relaxing day.

New Contributor

God bless both of you. I’ve been in your shoes. Knowing it’s possibly her last Christmas is heartbreaking.  Just continue to be that good daughter. You’ll never have any regrets. I didn’t. 

Honored Contributor

At the hospital, new grandson born on Christmas day!

Honored Contributor

In my cozy cuddl duds and oversized sweatshirt, chatting with DS/DD and drinking eggnog with whipped cream vodka in it--hiccup,  excuse me---eating tiny slider sammies and watching the ralphie movie. Hiccup!!!  ;-)

Honored Contributor

Same here KatCat.  Both DH and I are sick with sore throats, coughs.  And being in Chicago, it's cold!!!!

Respected Contributor

We've hosted an open house on Christmas Eve day, as long as I can remember.  Sometimes it's the only time we see extended family and old friends.  There was a time I made everything, but now most of it is catered.

Christmas we spent at our son's, his in-laws were in from Michigan. Our DIL has a lot of wonderful attributes but cooking isn't one of them.  She learned from her mother.  As my husband said later at home, one bad cook is bad enough but two bad cooks is lethal.  It's a good thing we have plenty of leftovers from our open house.

We provided plenty of bubbly and Irish Cream.  It was a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

First I hope you’re feeling better. 

On Christmas Eve I baked our traditional Birthday cake to honor our Lord and Savior.

Christmas morning I prepared a ham and turkey breast with lots of sides. We ate around 1:00p, then we opened our gifts and we watched Christmas Syfy movies. We had a great time. Lots of work but totally worth it.