Valued Contributor

We had a great Fathers Day. Last year I was in the hospital and the kids took over but it wasn't the same my husband said. So this year we had a cook out and there were 15 of us. All of my kids exceipt for one (who was in Hawaii) were able to make it. I had gotten my husband a new grill so we broke it in yesterday. We have a small ranch so I moved some things around in my living room and set up a long buffet table. We had ribs, hamburger, hot dogs and Italian sausage. I made potatoe salad, tuna noodle salad and caesar salad ( I made my own dressing) chips and dips. For dessert my daughter made a triffle. It was great. We all kinds of cookies. A good time was enjoyed by all. I hope all of you a greaat day also. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: How Was Your Fathers Day ??

We ate lunch out with my stepson, his wife and little boy. Then my husband and I went and visited my father who's in rehab, recovering from a broken back. Then we came home and watched the U.S. Open. 

Another holiday done. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@hovis@gidgetgh

Yesterday was a thought-provoking day for me...

DH and I spent it together watching the great movies (old and new) that he chooses... he is a "good chooser!"

We try to watch movies with lots of conversation and sort of psychologically character-based.

"45 Years" was the name of the movie we watched ... and as it advertises, this is no romantic comedy.  Very slow-moving, but thought-provoking for me. (Some might find it depressing). I think DH was baffled by it (for once!)

Since I still am not sure what to write about my father from Father's Day yesterday... I will start with the only part someone might relate to.

"Dear Old Dad" was a wonderful man.  He is the reason I felt adored.  He made me feel loved.  We played hide-and-go-seek every night after dinner!

He is my role model for manly men... as the saying goes... "a girl's first love is her daddy!"

No wonder I chose my husband; and I loved James Garner/Robert Young !! <3

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

My husband and I, with our grown kids went to visit my father's grave,see the headstone,he passed in March so this is the first time back. The kids got to see where he is buried,they have never been to a National Cemetery, they felt he is at peace at this beautiful place.We had breakfast before we got there,then after,we hit the oulets,Love Hilton Head, 

Esteemed Contributor

We celebrated early, last Sunday since our son would be down that weekend and I would be working on Father's Day.  I made a brisket, Mexican Rice, beans a la charra, potato salad, coleslaw and I baked a chocolate cake and we drank iced peach tea. It was all very good and we had a great day.

Honored Contributor

At DH's request we had a quiet day.  We'll be on vacation with our son, DIL, and the two grandsons for a week, so he just wanted to do "stuff"!

I did make him his real, origonal banana pudding!  4 quarts!  

He absolutely LOVES it!

Honored Contributor

My husband likes to dine out so my son, his girlfriend and myself went to a really fine eatery and had a great time. My husband is a great Dad to our son and a wonderful husband to me so any time we can celebrate him we do.

Trusted Contributor

We went to champagne brunch with our son and his family.  Our daughter and her family were with her in-laws.  I was with her Friday and they will be here next weekend.

Honored Contributor

It was nice, quiet, a little low key because daughter #1 is getting married this coming Saturday.  The wedding and reception are going to be at her home, so we're all pitching in.  My two girls are both pregnant (it's big year for our family) so the girls and cooked dinner and did the gift thing at our house.  We had big cake and this year the girls actually ate cake...lol   Fried Chicken, mac and cheese, cornbread.  Guy food...they loved it. 

Respected Contributor

We celebrated on Saturday because my son, dil and granddaughter were going to a graduation party for dil's cousin on Sunday. They spent the night with us. It was my son's first father's day  and my granddaughters first time spending the night with us. She is 7 months old today and it was just wonderful! Dh and I loved it! My youngest son, my mom and a dear friend also celebrated with us. Hubby got a new grill so we broke it in. We had rib steaks, grilled Italian chicken a la Daniel, crab cakes(which were full of crab - yum)baked potatoes with all trimmings, salad, warm Italian bread and butter,hamburgers,string beans with shallots, raspberry lemon cake and ultimate chocolate cake from Wegmans. I made Sangria and we had sweet tea. We had a great time! Yesterday, after they left we just relaxed! Hope everyone enjoyed their day.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran