Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

I hate it when it's too cold, but equally when it's too hot. My fantasy is to live somewhere with perfect temperature year round. That's not going to happen, so I have to settle for complaining a lot. 

Oh, me, too, @BlueFinch.  I was just perusing Zillow Santa Barbara.  LOL.  In my dreams...

Honored Contributor

I love living in WV, and am happy to have 4 distinct seasons.   Spring, summer and fall seem so short compared to our long, dark winter months.   

Winter was always seen as a time to reset, to rest and regenerate.   I never had a problem with a typical winter of cold temperatures and snow that lasted awhile.  The radical climate changes brought about by global warming have altered what is a typical winter for us, bringing more arctic blasts that stay for weeks, along with significant ice.   

I can handle, dark, dreary, cold, and snow much better than heavy ice and polar vortex.

Esteemed Contributor

Spring and fall were always my favorite seasons back when we had 4 seasons. I seems like it's just blistering heat and humidity summers and winters are, well, polar vortexes, wind chills etc.

I dislike extremes. A few 90/95 degrees days here and there in summer is fine but days and days on end is awful. If I  wanted to live in a rainforest I'd move there.  Same with this minus 10 degree winter.

The last few days have been sunny but step outside and holy #$&^*(    it is freezing.

Sadly, no place is perfect. You might have decent temps but then it's those pesky natural disasters like wildfires, earthquakes, mudslides etc.

Respected Contributor

Ah yes, used to get so excited when hearing of impending snow since we skied a lot.  Now, just hope for snow and not ice.  Aging makes a huge difference.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

I hate it when it's too cold, but equally when it's too hot. My fantasy is to live somewhere with perfect temperature year round. That's not going to happen, so I have to settle for complaining a lot. 

Ditto!!!

Respected Contributor

Oh my, I thought going through menopause was difficult but as I age and looking back I have come to the conclusion I prefer those days compared to the how my body handles the hot and cold of weather now. UGH

Trusted Contributor

Re: How Things Change

[ Edited ]

It is now pouring rain and 34 degrees outside. Will go down to 22 tonight so will be waking up to everything coated in ice. Then snow. Getting ready to drip the faucets and get out the flashlights and blankets. I can't wait for spring. We will have a 60 degree temperature drop. Everything is shut down for the next two days...I don't plan on even stepping out onto the porch. The mail is all junk mail, so it can stay in the mailbox down by the sidewalk til the ice is gone.

Honored Contributor

Cold, snow, and ice are visually beautiful....just don't want to live in it.  

Regular Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@BlueFinch wrote:

Oh, me, too, @BlueFinch.  I was just perusing Zillow Santa Barbara.  LOL.  In my dreams...

@tansy I live in Santa Barbara County and have to say the weather is absolutely perfect almost every day of the year!  However, I sure do miss the changing of the seasons from the midwest where I grew up. 

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

First of all I used to love winter, I mean really love it. Many years ago I worked with an older lady who used to blame me every time it snowed. Fast forward to now, we are expecting lousy weather starting tomorrow and I've been complaining about it all week. So Mrs. J if you can see me I'll bet you're laughing your head off. Winter is just harder when you are older, I still like the cold, just not ice and snow. I get it now. 

I too love the cold, fortunatly, we don't get the snow and ice here.  What I really hate is the high heat and are getting more humidity than we used to when I first moved here in 1979. Really makes a lot of the summer unbearable.