Honored Contributor

First of all I used to love winter, I mean really love it. Many years ago I worked with an older lady who used to blame me every time it snowed. Fast forward to now, we are expecting lousy weather starting tomorrow and I've been complaining about it all week. So Mrs. J if you can see me I'll bet you're laughing your head off. Winter is just harder when you are older, I still like the cold, just not ice and snow. I get it now. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I too, used to love the snow and cold! I loved downhill skiing. Then, as happened to many, my knees couldn't take it and my joints went to pot. We have moved to a more temperate climate and I (and my bones!) feel 20 years younger!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

After years of running too hot, I am now too cold.  Age, no thyroid, losing weight 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I hate these drab cold days with little sunshine.  No green grass, no sprinklers going, worring about pipe busting and people being out of power.  

Honored Contributor

I still prefer winter weather to the heat and humidity.  I couldn't live in a hot climate all the time cooling off with air conditioning which by the way affects my joints!  However, as others posted, the ice is what I do not like.  Fortunately when it snows which isn't that often, the snow is cleared quickly.  But ice, it is scary whether driving or walking and that is where I draw the line.

I am an older person and yet the cold weather motivates and energizes me.  I enjoy being out and I sleep better by keeping the heat lower and snuggling under blankets.  That is me and to each his or her own.  We all have our preferences.

Honored Contributor

I finally figured out how much the drab, dreary winter months affect my disposition.  

I have little to no energy if the sun isn't out.

I don't have a thyroid either.  It makes it hard to straighten out my disposal.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I still prefer winter weather to the heat and humidity.  I couldn't live in a hot climate all the time cooling off with air conditioning which by the way affects my joints!  However, as others posted, the ice is what I do not like.  Fortunately when it snows which isn't that often, the snow is cleared quickly.  But ice, it is scary whether driving or walking and that is where I draw the line.

I am an older person and yet the cold weather motivates and energizes me.  I enjoy being out and I sleep better by keeping the heat lower and snuggling under blankets.  That is me and to each his or her own.  We all have our preferences.

@spiderw , I hear you , the cold is fine, it's everything else that I dislike.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I loved winter and snow for years. About 20 years ago I moved somewhere that is warm mostly all year long, okay hot, not warm. I still miss the 4 seasons, but I don't miss ice and snow that turns brown on the sides of the roads and sleet, anything that can cause you to slip and break bones. I broke my ankle and my leg after slipping on ice during a snow storm. I don't know if I'll ever move back home, but right now I love sun and hot most of the time. Even humitity. Lol!

Esteemed Contributor

I have never liked Winter or snow.   Woman LOL   Have always preferred Spring and Summer.

Respected Contributor

I hate it when it's too cold, but equally when it's too hot. My fantasy is to live somewhere with perfect temperature year round. That's not going to happen, so I have to settle for complaining a lot.