Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Sad !! what are people thinking ???

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I am always amazed at how many perfect people post on these boards.  Us coImmon people make mistakes.  Most of the time it turns out fine and we are grateful and learn from that lesson.  Unfortunately sometimes the consequences are not so positive.  

Hope the child is found safe and lesson are learned.

I agree.  Let he without sin cast the first stone.  Praying the baby and mother are safely reunited.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Parents have to pay the bills, and some can't afford childcare. So they take their babies with them on these delivery gig jobs. Those of us who aren't desperate can't relate from experience. You have to be able to put yourself in a completely different person's shoes.

I think that gig workers who drive to strange locations for their living will have to adopt new security protocols to protect themselves. Most gig workers are average people who have been pushed into their situation because they need money and don't have any other way to get it. They do not all have street smarts. No more than you or I would be able to think ahead to all the potential crimes that could befall us and all the countermeasures to take.

I always take my keys with me when I park my car, regardless of where I am. But I can also understand feeling safe in a normal-seeming neighborhood and wanting to leave the AC/Heat going for passengers, things like that.

We've all almost had disaster befall us. The key word is almost.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I am very happy to report that the baby was found safe about midnight still in the van parked on the side of the road. They did not apprehend the suspect.  Mom and baby were reunited. A blessing indeed !

Respected Contributor

The lack of affordable child care for low paid workers is criminal in itself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Free2be wrote:

The lack of affordable child care for low paid workers is criminal in itself.

For some it seems to be very important to them that other people suffer as much as possible just to live. According to that mindset, ensuring there was affordable child care would make things too easy on poor people.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I am very happy to report that the baby was found safe about midnight still in the van parked on the side of the road. They did not apprehend the suspect.  Mom and baby were reunited. A blessing indeed !

Amen!

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I am always amazed at how many perfect people post on these boards.  Us common people make mistakes.  Most of the time it turns out fine and we are grateful and learn from that lesson.  Unfortunately sometimes the consequences are not so positive.  

I'm nowhere near perfect. However, I would NEVER leave a child in a vehicle with the KEYS in it. Never have, never will. Making mistakes is one thing; this is another. 

Honored Contributor

I am not going to judge the mother as I have no idea what she may be dealing with. I am so thankful that the baby was found safe. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have any answers, but I am glad there was a happy ending.  There was a decent chance it could have gone very badly.

When I was a kid the mother creature would leave all of us kids in the car for sometimes as much as two hours.  I don't recall if the keys were left in the ignition but if I were to bet I would say they probably were.  I HATED it, so I hate to see other kids left in the car.  

I can also see that there would be so many reasons for this, some of which have already been mentioned.  If it were I, I would not do it.  Or, at least, I'd hope that I'd never have to do it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I am always amazed at how many perfect people post on these boards.  Us common people make mistakes.  Most of the time it turns out fine and we are grateful and learn from that lesson.  Unfortunately sometimes the consequences are not so positive.  

@CrazyDaisy I agree with you.